Shoutbox

Australian prices of windows7? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Australian prices of windows7? (/showthread.php?tid=91782)

Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-06-2009 at 03:28 AM

anyone heard of any positive Australian prices for Windows7 yet?

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Discrate on 08-06-2009 at 04:38 AM

a Home Premium Upgrade of an existing PC to Windows 7 will cost $199.

Professional Upgrade will cost $399 and the Ultimate Upgrade $429.

We always get ripped off.

http://www.cnet.com.au/microsoft-hikes-win7-price...alia-339297112.htm

quote:
Australian buyers of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system will pay between AU$50 and AU$150 more in real terms than US residents for the software, the company revealed this morning.

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-06-2009 at 04:39 AM

thanks dude

windows Vista Ultimate reinstall is lookin good. to pricey for windows7 unless i pirate it :)

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by NanaFreak on 08-06-2009 at 05:30 AM

im just gonna use the RC until someone gets a good crack going for win 7 ultimate final release thing... then move up to that... cbf buying it as they rip us off...

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by foaly on 08-06-2009 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
im just gonna use the RC until someone gets a good crack going for win 7 ultimate final release thing... then move up to that... cbf buying it as they rip us off...
Yeah, I would buy windows 7 if it was affordable...

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-07-2009 at 12:32 AM

i would buy it to but it aint affordable at those prices. an microsoft wonder why people pirate there OS -_-

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Volv on 08-07-2009 at 12:50 AM

It is affordable, it's practically the price of 2 console games (even less if you get them from EB) and will provide many more hours of use. If you don't want to pay for the upgrade then you shouldn't be using it, XP and Vista aren't going anywhere.

RE: RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-07-2009 at 12:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
It is affordable, it's practically the price of 2 console games (even less if you get them from EB) and will provide many more hours of use. If you don't want to pay for the upgrade then you shouldn't be using it, XP and Vista aren't going anywhere.
it is affordable? sure if your parents buy it for you or you have a job that pays $700 a week. low income earners cannot afford that rediculous price
RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Volv on 08-07-2009 at 01:03 AM

Like I said, XP and Vista are still out there. I have been using them for years and I will most likely continue using them for many more years to come. You're confusing wants for needs.

I don't know about 'affordability' per se, but Home Premium should definitely be valued greater than 2 console games considering the number of hours and use you'll obtain from it in comparison.

RE: RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Discrate on 08-07-2009 at 01:04 AM

quote:

Console games are over priced and are a rip off.
RE: RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-07-2009 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Like I said, XP and Vista are still out there. I have been using them for years and I will most likely continue using them for many more years to come. You're confusing wants for needs.

I don't know about 'affordability' per se, but Home Premium should definitely be valued greater than 2 console games considering the number of hours and use you'll obtain from it in comparison.
i been using WinXP64bit for years. i do have a copy of Vista ultimate here i will probably reinstall as its cheaper for me right now.. i dont need Win7, but many people like Security so i thought win7 would be best way to go than to reinstall Vista

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate

Console games are over priced and are a rip off.
Ditto to that
RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Willz on 08-07-2009 at 02:01 AM

At the very least I would have thought they would have put into place the preorder discount like they did in the US.

The prices aren't too far off vistas, but yeah they are really inflated when compared to the rest of the world. I have vista ultimate now, but there is not a chance in hell I will get the win 7 equivalent.

The savings of upgrade vs retail get pretty crap towards the high end of the scale.

Home Premium Upgrade: $199
Home Premium Retail: $299
Saving: $100

Professional Upgrade: $399
Professional Retail: $449
Saving: $50

Ultimate Upgrade: $429
Ultimate Retail: $469
Saving: $40

It can get pretty ridiculous when you have more than one computer in the house (which most people do).

I am hoping that they make the Home Premium family pack available here in Australia, would save me a bit. Otherwise I will just get Home Premium on just my main computer. Screw Ultimate.

RE: Australian prices of windows7? by Hank on 08-07-2009 at 02:30 AM

Ultimate is to expensive of the upgrade to windows7. even i still cant afford it with my poor income :( unless i do a Warwick Capper an prostitute myself for $1500 a night :)