Shoutbox

[Update] XFire Status 1.2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Update] XFire Status 1.2 (/showthread.php?tid=91999)

[Update] XFire Status 1.2 by imnottheonlychris on 08-26-2009 at 01:06 AM

Hello there, I've updated my XFire Status script and since quite a few people downloaded it I thought I'd open a thread for any feedback/bug reports.

Update 1.2:

Ok well it seems like the code that sets the 'Now Playing' part doesn't show up on the contacts list. I'm not sure why so in this release I changed it to set your actual Personal Message to what game you're playing instead. (It should set it back to what you had it as after) and it also shows the IP of the server you're on.

I also did a bit of optimization and other bug fixes so give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work etc.

Note: this file isn't up in the database yet so get it here

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by Wally on 08-26-2009 at 01:13 AM

I dont think this is necessary, xfire now has WLM intergration,which also includes updating of status. :P

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by imnottheonlychris on 08-26-2009 at 01:41 AM

Depends, some people might still want to use the WLM client :P

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by dada24300 on 08-26-2009 at 06:41 AM

Désolé, mais le status ne s'affiche toujours pas pour nos contacts même après cette mise a jour.
le nom ou l'ip du serveur ne s'affiche pas non plus.
et impossible de changer de statut dans msn même hors jeux, obligé de resté occupé tant que le script et en route.
je trouve ton idée très bonne, et j'espère que tu arrivera a rectifier ces bugs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but the status still does not appear to our contacts even after this update.
the name or IP of the server does not appear either.
and impossible to change status in msn games even out, forced to remain occupied until the script and away.
I find your idea very good, and I hope you will come to correct these bugs.

[Image: 26082009074207.png]

RE: RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by imnottheonlychris on 08-26-2009 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dada24300
Désolé, mais le status ne s'affiche toujours pas pour nos contacts même après cette mise a jour.
le nom ou l'ip du serveur ne s'affiche pas non plus.
et impossible de changer de statut dans msn même hors jeux, obligé de resté occupé tant que le script et en route.
je trouve ton idée très bonne, et j'espère que tu arrivera a rectifier ces bugs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but the status still does not appear to our contacts even after this update.
the name or IP of the server does not appear either.
and impossible to change status in msn games even out, forced to remain occupied until the script and away.
I find your idea very good, and I hope you will come to correct these bugs.

Yeah it does work, it's only because you are looking at yourself. Ask your friend if it says what game you're in and it should.

Also I havnt put in so it shows server IP, I can put that in an update.
And I'm not sure what you mean about changing status.
RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by Spunky on 08-26-2009 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by imnottheonlychris
Yeah it does work, it's only because you are looking at yourself. Ask your friend if it says what game you're in and it should.

PSMs don't work like that. The only time you see anything different to your contacts should be if you are using MP!L formatting codes and they don't have it installed...
RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by dada24300 on 08-26-2009 at 12:38 PM

[Image: test2zbn.jpg]

sorry but no, it does not.
it appears in the personal message in chat window but not in the list of contacts.

and it is impossible to change status as the script and enabled.
to put me off line I have to disable the script.

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.1 by imnottheonlychris on 08-26-2009 at 01:19 PM

Hmm okay, it seems to work for my friend but I tried it on another PC and I see it's not working.

I'm pretty sure I've fixed the change status bug and I've added the server IP in 1.2 however I'll to try and fix the contact list before I release it

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.2 by dada24300 on 08-26-2009 at 04:25 PM

Version 1.2 works perfectly.;)
thank you again.
a small surjection for the next version of the display server name.:P
and a bit of color.

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.2 by tomtom95 on 09-02-2009 at 03:33 PM

this script is useless you can all ready sign in your msn on xfire

xfire tells what game you're playing & you have ingame chat with your messenger buddy's

RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.2 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 09-02-2009 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomtom95

xfire tells what game you're playing & you have ingame chat with your messenger buddy's

Yes but not with the WLM interface, this script is useful only if you want to show what game you are playing on using WLM.
RE: RE: [Update] XFire Status 1.2 by Outblaster on 09-29-2010 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomtom95

Invalid argument.. I dont wanna use xfire's msn, so this isn't useless.