Shoutbox

Disable Photo Sharing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Disable Photo Sharing (/showthread.php?tid=92012)

Disable Photo Sharing by Michel le Roi on 08-26-2009 at 05:08 PM

Hi all,
in the new version of wlm 14.0.8089.726 I can't find the way to disable the photo sharing when I send or receive a photo, usually a screenshot.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? With a patch, script or a register key.

Best regards.

RE: Disable Photo Sharing by blessedguy on 08-26-2009 at 05:15 PM

Open regedit.exe (WinKey + R, type regedit.exe then press enter), go to Cumputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<Windows Live ID here>\Preferences, and modify/add OverrideImgTransfer as REG_DWORD with value 0 ( 0x00000000)

RE: RE: Disable Photo Sharing by Michel le Roi on 08-26-2009 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Open regedit.exe (WinKey + R, type regedit.exe then press enter), go to Cumputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<Windows Live ID here>\Preferences, and modify/add OverrideImgTransfer as REG_DWORD with value 0 ( 0x00000000)

this doesn't work, I try it with the value 0 and with the value 1 but its not disable the sharing

thanks for reply
RE: Disable Photo Sharing by Th3rmal on 08-26-2009 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Michel le Roi
quote:

this doesn't work, I try it with the value 0 and with the value 1 but its not disable the sharing

thanks for reply
Did you try restarting messenger after each change was applied?
RE: RE: Disable Photo Sharing by Michel le Roi on 08-27-2009 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
quote:

thanks for reply
Did you try restarting messenger after each change was applied?

yes I did but I think that this solution only work for previous version of wlm
I saw that with this change, the sharing is disabled for the photo that I sent while the problem is still for the phot that I receive ... There is a solution for this problem?
RE: Disable Photo Sharing by blessedguy on 08-27-2009 at 05:01 PM

quote:
I saw that with this change, the sharing is disabled for the photo that I sent while the problem is still for the phot that I receive ... There is a solution for this problem?

Not that I know of =)
Maybe you could ask your friend to do that too?