Shoutbox

Please read need some much needed advice - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Please read need some much needed advice (/showthread.php?tid=92104)

Please read need some much needed advice by johnnyfive on 09-03-2009 at 10:30 PM

Hi, I let my brother use the pc tonight whilst my msn messenger was logged in. A screen popped up from someone on my contact list and it was a link saying"pictures-found.com" then with my addy after it and what appeared to be a link to pictures, he like a right idiot clicked it, it came up with a box asking for your msn addy n password to see the pics which are supposed to be mine and nothin, it just said service out of use at moment. Im so angry at him for clicking the link, he has my password as a he needed my email adress a while back n i never changed it. cant believe the twat.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

RE: Please read need some much needed advice by gif83 on 09-03-2009 at 10:37 PM

Best thing you can do is to try and change your password as soon as you can.

That link basically leads to a site that collects people's msn account details for fraudulent uses. You should always try to keep your passwords to yourself.

RE: Please read need some much needed advice by Menthix on 09-03-2009 at 10:42 PM

It's a virus.

As long as you are absolutely sure you he only gave out your password, but didn't run any file, you should be fine just changing your password and secret question should be enough.

You can change this on https://account.live.com/.

Run a good virusscanner to be sure, and don't give out your password to your brother again ;).

RE: Please read need some much needed advice by johnnyfive on 09-03-2009 at 10:45 PM

cool cheers. yeah to be honest i was meaning to change it but its a brotherly thing, dont want him thinking i cant trust him but what an idiot.  so whats all this with the links to pictures n stuff, is that my pics or is that justa lot of rubbish?

RE: Please read need some much needed advice by Menthix on 09-03-2009 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyfive
so whats all this with the links to pictures n stuff, is that my pics or is that justa lot of rubbish?
There are no pictures at all, it's just a scam to get people to enter their password, so they can gain access to your account.