Shoutbox

using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded (/showthread.php?tid=92159)

using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded by JimmyJazz on 09-09-2009 at 09:26 PM

First of all:
-no, never installed that Smiley thing or anything like that or mess patch or apatch
-I have tried reinstalling WLM and MPL
-the newest version of WLM that works on my XP computer is version 8.1.0178

I've tried with the newest version of plus, which says it is compatible with all versions 8.0 and higher.  There's no Plus!  menu or icon.  The install seemed fine but I haven't seen Plus in the window since I was using 7.5 with Messenger Plus.

Is there anything else I can try?  Maybe an old version of MPLive 4.x?

Thanks for any help you give.

RE: using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded by JimmyJazz on 09-10-2009 at 07:55 AM

I now also tried the repair options for WLM and plus twice but still no success.

I also tried version 450 but that yielded the same problem.

RE: using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded by djdannyp on 09-10-2009 at 07:58 AM

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Did you see this thread?

Also, please refrain from double posting, use the 'Edit' button instead to add more information to your original post

RE: using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded by JimmyJazz on 09-10-2009 at 08:37 AM

Yes, I read the stickies to try to solve it myself but I'm out of ideas.  I haven't heard of any of those programs.  I deleted my MSN Messenger folder, as well as the Live folder from program files just in case, but it made no difference.

RE: using 8.1, new MPL, plus isn't loaded by yuuchan on 09-12-2009 at 06:10 PM

Same here.