Shoutbox

What do you do about spam and all? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What do you do about spam and all? (/showthread.php?tid=92327)

What do you do about spam and all? by Velox on 09-23-2009 at 02:37 AM

What do you do about spam chat invites and stuff like that on WLM?  I admit, I've openly given out my MSNs, and attempted to make new ones to stop the spam, and those end up out to.  Is there anyway to get all this spam stuff away from my current account(s)?  I <3 my own domain email for MSn, but it's the one I've given out publicy :(.

RE: What do you do about spam and all? by toddy on 09-23-2009 at 02:42 AM

if you want to cut down on spam, then stop being a moron.

want to get rid of it all together, stop going on msn fullstop

RE: What do you do about spam and all? by Velox on 09-23-2009 at 02:46 AM

There's really no way to get rid of it all is there.  Just make a new one and don't screw it up right?  I would just delete and block the people, but I'm afraid if I do, I'd forget someone that I know and they can't get in touch with me anymore.

RE: What do you do about spam and all? by CookieRevised on 09-24-2009 at 08:02 AM

As long as you give out your Windows Live IDs in public, there is not much you can do about people adding you. As you have noticed, creating new Windows Live IDs is no solution at all.

The only thing you can do is not adding those people and blocking them. And removing and blocking the already existing ones. And not giving out your Windows Live ID in public, but only to people who you know and trust.

Also make sure that you have enabled the option:
"Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" in your Messenger options (Tools > Options > Privacy tab).