Shoutbox

Suggestion on chat windows "tile" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion on chat windows "tile" (/showthread.php?tid=92367)

Suggestion on chat windows "tile" by fatchoi on 09-26-2009 at 06:05 AM

Hi there, thanks for developing this good extension for WLM.

As I'm using a large screen, which I'd like to fully utilize. The current tabbed chat isn't really useful for me. So I'm asking if it's possible for WLM to arrange lots of chat windows in tile, so that I can have a look on all the chat windows at the same time.

It's just too troublesome to place the windows manually, so I'm looking forward to such a function.

Thanks.

RE: Suggestion on chat windows "tile" by CookieRevised on 09-26-2009 at 10:02 AM

Or maybe someone can write a script for that... Shouldn't be too hard todo. ;)

RE: Suggestion on chat windows "tile" by andrey on 09-26-2009 at 10:13 AM

You can do that already (at least in XP, dunno about Vista/7).
Open your chat windows and select the first chat window in the taskbar. Then CTRL+click all other chat windows in the taskbar, right-click on the last one and select "tile vertically". Or, if you've got more than 8 (?) chat windows open it should auto-group them and you can just click "tile vertially" right away..

RE: RE: Suggestion on chat windows "tile" by fatchoi on 10-11-2009 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
You can do that already (at least in XP, dunno about Vista/7).
Open your chat windows and select the first chat window in the taskbar. Then CTRL+click all other chat windows in the taskbar, right-click on the last one and select "tile vertically". Or, if you've got more than 8 (?) chat windows open it should auto-group them and you can just click "tile vertially" right away..

Hm... In Win 7, we use shortcuts such as Win+Left, Win+Right, to tile them vertically.

But I want the screen to be divided into 4 windows, which I think Windows dosn't really get this function?

Thanks first. ;)