Shoutbox

How to appear offline for certain contacts without blocking? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How to appear offline for certain contacts without blocking? (/showthread.php?tid=92396)

How to appear offline for certain contacts without blocking? by psyche84 on 09-29-2009 at 05:49 PM

Hi

I'd like to know is there a plug-in i can put to live messenger so that I will not appear online to the person online (without blocking) but also for that person to be able to send me offline msgs as well.

Not interested in chatting at that time but should be able to receive any messages that person wants to send me in offline messaging way.

Please suggest a way to do the above in live messenger..

Thanks in advance :)

psyche84

RE: How to appear offline for certain contacts without blocking? by blessedguy on 09-29-2009 at 05:52 PM

Not possible for only one contact, or you block the person (and appear offline to it, and don't receive any messages from it) or appear as offline to everyone (everyone can send you messages, and no one knows you're online if you don't reply).

RE: RE: How to appear offline for certain contacts without blocking? by psyche84 on 09-29-2009 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Not possible for only one contact, or you block the person (and appear offline to it, and don't receive any messages from it) or appear as offline to everyone (everyone can send you messages, and no one knows you're online if you don't reply).

yeah thats true but that dont serve the purpose really right...coz i want to appear online for those whom i want to chat with so that they can come online to chat with me when they see me online...

if i stay offline they wouldn't know that i'm online for them to come online...vice versa

Even they'll remain offline...

anyway thanx for the thought though....much appreciate it :)