Shoutbox

Quick status buttons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Quick status buttons (/showthread.php?tid=92434)

Quick status buttons by Kattejammer on 10-02-2009 at 01:13 AM

Hey guys

I've reinstalled Messenger Plus! Live on my pc after upgrading to Windows 7. It works great except the small quick status change buttons, that used to be to the left of my display picture, aren't there. I am going crazy without them. I've checked the settings over and over but can't find anything about them and the same goes for the forums.

I feel pretty stupid because I'm sure it's quite easy to get them back, but I can't manage it on my own - so please help :)

RE: Quick status buttons by Chris4 on 10-02-2009 at 02:53 AM

Sounds like a feature which is added when you install a skin. Maybe you chose the option to delete personal files when you uninstalled Plus! ?

RE: Quick status buttons by Kattejammer on 10-02-2009 at 10:27 AM

I have considered the possibility, and I do remember playing a little with skins when I first installed Plus. But I am pretty sure I ended up with none of them, because I can't tell any difference in the looks of Messenger. But you don't think it's one of the standard features?

RE: RE: Quick status buttons by pollolibredegrasa on 10-02-2009 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kattejammer
I have considered the possibility, and I do remember playing a little with skins when I first installed Plus. But I am pretty sure I ended up with none of them, because I can't tell any difference in the looks of Messenger. But you don't think it's one of the standard features?

Skins don't have to actually change the way Messenger looks, they can be used to simply add/hide various buttons and there are skins that just do this. The option you're looking for is not an option of Messenger itself, but was most likely added using one of these skins.

One example that has the feature you're looking for is Avalon Concept 2009. In this skin, changing the option "Chat Window Status Shortcuts Position" to "near DP" should do the trick.

Hope this helps :)
RE: Quick status buttons by Kattejammer on 10-02-2009 at 02:42 PM

Ha ha ha, as soon as I saw the screenshot of Avalon Concept I knew that I had installed that skin before. And after reinstalling it - there the buttons were. Thank you so much, it would have taken me forever to figure it out for myself :)