Shoutbox

lockerz - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: lockerz (/showthread.php?tid=92480)

lockerz by Discrate on 10-05-2009 at 07:20 PM

Is anyone else a member of lockerz?

It's this new site where you gets points for answering daily questions and just visiting the site, it hasn't fully launched by will be launching this month, it's in beta.

With the points you can sue them to redeem a prize, prizes range from video games to 40inch flat screen tvs.

I was just wondering if anyone else was a memeber and if they have reieved anything from it? i have 236 points so i am going to redeem something (they restock the prize section on the 15th of each month)

quote:
So what is Lockerz?

Lockerz.com is a brand new site that rewards you for just about everything you do. Registration is very easy and members can earn points extremely quickly. One of the main reasons why its popularity is spreading so rapidly is because it’s very easy to earn enough points to redeem a variety of merchandise. This includes MacBooks, Designer Handbags, Video Games, iPods, Nintendo Wiis and much more.

How it works

You can earn points in 3 ways:

1. Logging in each day.

2. Answering the question of the day.

3. Referring new members.

For example, in the first day alone, I got 23ptz through registration, 2 ptz for signing in, and another 2 ptz for answering the question of the day. All this for a grand total of 27pts! What does this all mean? Well, I can already redeem many videos games such as GTA4, which is priced 25pts!

The site is invite only, so if you want an invite pm me.
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-05-2009 at 07:33 PM

surely fake like the rest of them?

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-05-2009 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
surely fake like the rest of them?

Well, there is alot of people using it, and alot of pictures and videos of people unwrapping there prizes so yeh, someone on here must be a member.
RE: lockerz by roflmao456 on 10-05-2009 at 08:28 PM

I'm a member. :p

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-05-2009 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
I'm a member. :p

How many points you got? you have tried redeeming for something?
RE: lockerz by roflmao456 on 10-05-2009 at 08:51 PM

20 PTZ

I somehow started off with 0 lol

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-05-2009 at 08:53 PM

quote:
20 PTZ

lol at the start you play a little game, and you are suppose to catch as many falling things as possible then that determines your starting off points tally.
RE: lockerz by roflmao456 on 10-05-2009 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
20 PTZ

lol at the start you play a little game, and you are suppose to catch as many falling things as possible then that determines your starting off points tally.
i did that but it went to 0 after i finished =/
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-05-2009 at 09:52 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
20 PTZ

i did that but it went to 0 after i finished =/
lolz, i nearly have more points then you. and i signed up an hour a go :p

stupid game froze on me too, so only got 15 points. when i clicked back and played again got 38 points, but didn't count :p
RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 12:17 AM

Yeh the site is having some issues, but the site fully launches on the 15th of this month lol

RE: lockerz by andrey on 10-06-2009 at 12:22 AM

uhm, how does this site make money? do you have to watch advertisements to get points?

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
uhm, how does this site make money? do you have to watch advertisements to get points?

They are not making any money yet, but when the site launches this month they will make a killing.

As they say, you have to spend money to make money. The lockerz team has allowed people to sign up to the site before it's actually launched to get the user base built up, then when the launch comes they will have tons of users. How will they make money when they launch? shopping and advertising. If you shop with lockerz you get points for prizes and they make money. When you play a game on there shit, you have to watch an ad before you please the game, theres money for them. Plus theres heaps more.

They are spending alot of money right now giving out prizes when they are not making anything but i think thats a good investment because when the site launches the money will be raked in.
RE: lockerz by Lou on 10-06-2009 at 02:04 AM

quote:
With the points you can sue them to redeem a prize
Sounds like a really complicated way to win money, does it not? :undecided:.
RE: lockerz by Menthix on 10-06-2009 at 02:40 AM

quote:
when the site launches the money will be raked in
* Menthix looks at the calendar and realizes it's not the 90s anymore

Site will go bankrupt or drastically change their plans when they realize they are not earning anything within 3 months after opening

Although they do sound like they know what they're doing
quote:
Lockerz is a real company. It is funded by Liberty Media, one of the largest media companies in the US. The Chief Executive Officer of Lockerz is Kathy Savitt, a former executive at Amazon.com and American Eagle Outfitters

RE: lockerz by Th3rmal on 10-06-2009 at 05:03 AM

I just signed up (thanks discrate <3) and it seems pretty cool I guess. Maybe its just the graphics talking lol.

Some prices are like:
120GB slim PS3 - 675 PTZ
64GB Apple iPod Touch (newest Gen) 800 PTZ
16GB Apple iPod Nano (newest Gen) 425 PTZ
PSP Ratchet and Clank Bundle 200 PTZ
Skullcandy Skullcrusher 175 PTZ
PSP/Wii/Xbox/PS3/PS2/PC/DS games 100 PTZ
iPhone Skins/Decals 35 PTZ

And every day that you sign in, you get 2 PTZ. So if you wait 400 days just signing in every day and not playing any games or anything, you should be able to get a 64gb iPod touch :P

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I just signed up (thanks discrate <3) and it seems pretty cool I guess. Maybe its just the graphics talking lol.

Some prices are like:
120GB slim PS3 - 675 PTZ
64GB Apple iPod Touch (newest Gen) 800 PTZ
16GB Apple iPod Nano (newest Gen) 425 PTZ
PSP Ratchet and Clank Bundle 200 PTZ
Skullcandy Skullcrusher 175 PTZ
PSP/Wii/Xbox/PS3/PS2/PC/DS games 100 PTZ
iPhone Skins/Decals 35 PTZ

And every day that you sign in, you get 2 PTZ. So if you wait 400 days just signing in every day and not playing any games or anything, you should be able to get a 64gb iPod touch :P

Yeh, when the site launches there will be heaps of other ways to get points, i need 20 more points for a Nintendo Wii :D

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
With the points you can sue them to redeem a prize
Sounds like a really complicated way to win money, does it not? :undecided:.

Obviously i accidentally mis-spelt the word "use" and you know that but you just thought you would be a smart ass (N)
RE: lockerz by Lou on 10-06-2009 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Obviously i accidentally mis-pelt the word "use" and you know that but you just thought you would be a smart ass (N)
Actually not, but I guess that's what I get for barely sleeping. Read the thread now, by bad :P.

Still, I don't see this being very legitimate myself, seems kind of weird. I haven't seen many sites that will just give you money for doing things. Not many that give the money they promised anyway. Hell, even google ads doesn't always pay up.
RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
Obviously i accidentally mis-pelt the word "use" and you know that but you just thought you would be a smart ass (N)
Actually not, but I guess that's what I get for barely sleeping. Read the thread now, by bad :P.

Still, I don't see this being very legitimate myself, seems kind of weird. I haven't seen many sites that will just give you money for doing things. Not many that give the money they promised anyway. Hell, even google ads doesn't always pay up.

Yeh but as i said in my previous posts, when the site fully launches, they will start to make money. Anyway even if it is a scam, a billion dollar media company will be in very big trouble.

Lockerz is owned by liberty media. They are floated on the stock exchange

http://www.libertymedia.com/interactive-lockerz.aspx
RE: lockerz by CookieRevised on 10-06-2009 at 11:42 AM

quote:
If you wait 400 days just signing in every day and not doing anything, you'll get only 70 points in the end...

See their terms and conditions; Points will expire after 12 months if you don't redeem them.

My little bird whistles "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

;)
RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
If you wait 400 days just signing in every day and not doing anything, you'll get only 70 points in the end...

See their terms and conditions; Points will expire after 12 months if you don't redeem them.

;)

There is also daily questions where you answer and get 2 points. Also as i said previously, the site is launching this month so there will be more ways then 2 to get points.

Also as i said in my previous post. Liberty media owns lockerz, not some new basement company. I don't think it is a scam.
RE: lockerz by CookieRevised on 10-06-2009 at 12:12 PM

I don't think it is a scam either (not much to be scammed with other than your time and effort).
But I do think it is too good to be true and thus not lasting for a long time.

"free" stuff like this usually gets down very fast, especially if it gets popular. They promise a lot now to attract users, but in a few months time the 'rules' will change and it will be way harder to earn points me thinks.

It simply doesn't add up if the steep rate of points earning stays the same after the launch etc. Nobody will do something like this on a permanent basis to simply give money away. They need to make a profit too. And by simply showing ads or sending emails I can't believe they will earn enough to have a profit after the deduction of the costs of the prizes from all the users. Hence I'm a bit sceptical and think the system will change rapidly after the launch and it wont last. So, or the prices will increase in points a lot, or the validity period of your points will be decreased after the launch or whatever. I don't see this going on for a long time with those current same conditions.

Anyways, go for it by all means and make as much points as possible and proof us wrong I'd say :p (and make me jealous)

RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-06-2009 at 02:03 PM

quote:
quote:

you'd have 730, not 70

discrate what is there actually to do on there? all i see is the 'dalies' & 'reedem'

edit (for spelling errors :P):
think i should stop posting and watching tv at the same time
RE: lockerz by Felu on 10-06-2009 at 02:53 PM

quote:
discrate what is there actually to do one there? all i see if the 'dalies' & 'reedem'
x2
RE: lockerz by blessedguy on 10-06-2009 at 05:12 PM

Idem, but I guess the rest will be released with the full lauch.

Oh, and Discrate, thanks for the invite :)

RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-06-2009 at 05:29 PM

discrate is only giving out invites so he becomes 'Z-lister'

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 06:13 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

you'd have 730, not 70

discrate what is there actually to do on there? all i see is the 'dalies' & 'reedem'

As i said previously, there is two things you can do at this moment. When the site launches on the 15th, there will be tons of other things to do, and this iswhent he site will start making money. If you shop on the site you get ptz, if you play games you get ptz. These are only the things they have let out, but i bet there will be much more.

quote:

I have to invite 20 people and im no where near that. Anyway that's not the reason why i posted this thread.
RE: lockerz by Basilis on 10-06-2009 at 06:16 PM

I had 26 and it wnet to 0 after I signed in

RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-06-2009 at 06:20 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you'd have 730, not 70

As i said previously, there is two things you can do at this moment. When the site launches on the 15th, there will be tons of other things to do, and this iswhent he site will start making money. If you shop on the site you get ptz, if you play games you get ptz. These are only the things they have let out, but i bet there will be much more.

quote:

I have to invite 20 people and im no where near that. Anyway that's not the reason why i posted this thread.
where can u play games? i see no link
RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-06-2009 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I had 26 and it wnet to 0 after I signed in

The site always has visual problems, they post updates all the time on there twitter to tell you when theres an error. You havent lost your points, they are still there.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you'd have 730, not 70

quote:

where can u play games? i see no link

/facepalm

Go back and read over my post.
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-07-2009 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobby681
Free fast lockerz invites here :)
GTFO
RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-07-2009 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobby681
Free fast lockerz invites here :)

lockerzinvitesfast.iblogger.org/

REALLY? FREE? ARE YOU SERIOUS? are you sure there free because i highly doubt they are free.
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-16-2009 at 01:43 AM

because discrate is a moron, i'll throw this out to everyone and people can come back with there comments & own ideas

best way for the site to work (baring in mind, we're guessing its legit)?

my thinking is that with the claim of easier points, and fairly low points needed for prizes. they are going for the 'easy points, but hard redeem' strategy, thus they only stock 1 or 2 items of each product they have on offer. then use things like server load errors to drag out the time it takes for these items to be gone.
doing it this way gives the impression that you have a great chance of winning (because they keep the truth about 1 or 2 items & fake server load behind closed doors), thus increasing the popularity, making it easier to make money, whilst also keeping the cost fairly low.

p.s.
for anyone who is interested, discrate's answer seems to be 'they're just a great compnay giving away 1000's of prizes to build customer based, then they'll make money later. but don't worry, points and prizes will still be really easy to get'

RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-16-2009 at 01:56 AM

quote:

p.s.
for anyone who is interested, discrate's answer seems to be 'they're just a great compnay giving away 1000's of prizes to build customer based, then they'll make money later. but don't worry, points and prizes will still be really easy to get'

Nice, changing my words around, you're a idiot.

As for the rest of your post, you are ignoring the facts on purpose. This is the only time in the history of the site has the site crashed and gone slow, plus thousands of people have got prizes that includes 3 people i know personally, so your theory is wrong.

Plus if your theory is correct, how did last month work then? there was no server issues at all, people redeemed tons of prizes. You saying there is only 1 or 2 of each is laughable.

There are thousands photos and videos of people unwrapping there prizes
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-16-2009 at 01:58 AM

quote:
quote:

p.s.

well here's your chance to put your view across
RE: RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-16-2009 at 02:00 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

p.s.

well here's your chance to put your view across

Already done it in the shoutbox, but you chose to ignore it. Also in my last post, but you most likely didn't read it.

You also forget the fact that this is a proper company, not some basement company that could scam people. The company would get in alot of trouble if it scammed people.

Anyway the only thing they could possibly scam from people is there time, you don't have to pay anything, theres no ads atm.
RE: lockerz by toddy on 10-16-2009 at 02:24 AM

quote:
lready done it in the shoutbox, but you chose to ignore it. Also in my last post, but you most likely didn't read it.

You also forget the fact that this is a proper company, not some basement company that could scam people. The company would get in alot of trouble if it scammed people.

Anyway the only thing they could possibly scam from people is there time, you don't have to pay anything, theres no ads atm.
no u didn't, u gave some spin that lockerz have put out. not a single idea of your own

nike are a proper company, do you they get in trouble for scamming people? thought not! and before u ask "how are they scamming people?" nike charge £100 for a pair of trainers, yet other companies, most of whom will use the same warehouse or at least a warehouse in the same area, can sell them at £15/20 and still make a profit. not to mention some of nikes extreme claims of costs, despite the trainers being made by people on 30p a day

all business is about making the most money you can for the smallest cost possible. people having mis-guided thoughts on your company is just a bonus, and in no way does it make it a scam.
e.g.
ipods are seen by many people as a new way of listening to music, when is actually fact MP3 players were around a long time before ipods, are apple scamming people by allowing people to think this? and big up their product on the back of this thought
RE: lockerz by Discrate on 10-16-2009 at 03:10 AM

quote:
nike are a proper company, do you they get in trouble for scamming people? thought not! and before u ask "how are they scamming people?" nike charge £100 for a pair of trainers, yet other companies, most of whom will use the same warehouse or at least a warehouse in the same area, can sell them at £15/20 and still make a profit. not to mention some of nikes extreme claims of costs, despite the trainers being made by people on 30p a day

Everyone knows you pay for the brand of course.