Shoutbox

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=92530)

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Phen0M on 10-09-2009 at 03:01 PM

Hello

I was using WLM 2009 and Plus 4.8 nicely, until i installed bitdefender internet security 2010.

Now, when i enter wlm, plus isnt loaded. I've already added the 2 executables from plus install directory in firewall, plus live is even on bitdefender firewall whitelist but nothing works.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by matty on 10-09-2009 at 03:11 PM

A firewall is for network traffic. This wouldn't prevent Plus! from loading. My recommendation would be to reinstall the latest version of Plus!

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Phen0M on 10-09-2009 at 03:13 PM

sorry, forgot to mention i've already done that.
Thanks

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Spunky on 10-09-2009 at 03:51 PM

I doubt it's an incompatability between the two programs. I have used bitDefender 10 myself perfectly.

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Nayef_60 on 10-10-2009 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phen0M
Hello

I was using WLM 2009 and Plus 4.8 nicely, until i installed bitdefender internet security 2010.

Now, when i enter wlm, plus isnt loaded. I've already added the 2 executables from plus install directory in firewall, plus live is even on bitdefender firewall whitelist but nothing works.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

I have the same problem

Would you please tell me how did you add the 2 executables in firewall?
RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Giovanisf13 on 10-11-2009 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phen0M
Hello

Can someone help me?
Thanks

same problem here
RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by roflmao456 on 10-11-2009 at 05:47 PM

Maybe Bitdefender is blocking Plus! from hooking on (or injecting) to WLM?

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Spunky on 10-11-2009 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
Maybe Bitdefender is blocking Plus! from hooking on (or injecting) to WLM?

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
I doubt it's an incompatability between the two programs. I have used bitDefender 10 myself perfectly.

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Patchou on 10-14-2009 at 08:37 PM

Hi guys,

please send me an email to patchou@msgpluslive.ent and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Patchou

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Dempsey on 10-15-2009 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi guys,

please send me an email to patchou@msgpluslive.ent and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Patchou
Or even better, use patchou@msgpluslive.net  :P
RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by E521 on 10-17-2009 at 01:30 AM

BitDefender itself is a firewall, BitDefender Internet Security is spam, adware, etc etc protection.

I have BitDefender Total Security and the moment I install it, Plus! decides its no longer going to load and I get the (till now) never seen before message "Plus -> Software not loaded".

While I'm no novice user, I for the life of me cannot find any other reason that Plus! has stopped working, I use it all the time without problems (other than those that I cause and fix).

If its not BitDefender then I will appoligse, but for now, I'm happy that the problem is with the BitDefender definiation of what Plus! is... That adware thing will likely plague the software till its removed - I frankly don't care one way or another.

Google reports the following links (some non-English).
http://forum.malwarecity.com/lofiversion/index.php/t134.html

So I'll start talking with BitDefender to make sure there is nothing on my end of this software package stopping Plus! from working. And who knows, maybe I will need to say sorry :P

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by Patchou on 10-18-2009 at 05:03 PM

Well, at least there will be something good out of the delay related tyo the release of Plus! 4.83. I have fixed the compatibility issues with BitDefender, expect an update available in the next couple of days.

For those who were curious: the problem came from the multiple protections/hijacking BitDefender does into Messenger to add its own things. It had nothing to do with the sponsor :).

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 by E521 on 10-18-2009 at 10:45 PM

Hey that's great news Patchou.

And I did say I would have to say sorry. And, I stick to it. I am sorry for linking the obivous problem to BitDefender. At the time it would seem obvious that BitDefender would block MP!L like certain other products do. So to Patchou and team I am sorry that I thought it was that causing the problem.

On another note, for anyone using BitDefender, and simply cannot wait for a patch (raises hand), you need to fully disable the Real time protection.

Here is how:

• Open BitDefender.
  • Click on Settings near the Minimise and Close window buttons. Where it says "Switch UI to:" Ensure it reads "Expert". Click Aplly, click Ok.
  • From the left side of the menu, click Antivirus. Remove the tick in "Real-time proction is enabled", which will change into, "Real-time protection is disabled".

That at least works with BD Total Security 2010