Shoutbox

Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=92533)

Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by JeePee on 10-09-2009 at 07:47 PM

Hi,

I just got Windows 7 and have a few requests.

I don't really like that MSN always shows as a button on the taskbar. I'd prefer it to go into the system tray. Maybe we have to live with this but all my requests are related to this.

1) Option to force MSN to go into the system tray in stead of staying on the taskbar.
2) If you pin MSN to the taskbar, it has a task list with all the standard MSN statusses. I'd like to see the custom statusses here as well. With previous Windows versions, the right click menu of the tray icon had the custom plus statusses too.
3) I also like to see a few items of the Plus! menu's added to the task list (or the menu itself): chat log viewer, event viewer, lock.

RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by Hank on 10-09-2009 at 10:27 PM

expect that to be done in Windows Live Messenger10 :P

RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by Phillip on 10-10-2009 at 05:18 AM

You can have WLM go to the system tray. You go to where you have messenger installed and right click on msnmsgr.exe and select properties. Then click the compatibility tab and select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista'.

RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by Patchou on 10-10-2009 at 10:36 PM

Please do not suggest changing the compatibility settings of Messenger, it creates a lot of other internal problems in Messenger.

An option to do that will be added in Messenger Plus! if Microsoft doesn't do it themselves with their next version :).

RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by Phillip on 10-11-2009 at 07:17 AM

Such as..? I don't doubt you I've just never had a single thing go wrong with mine.

RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by fatchoi on 10-11-2009 at 09:08 AM

Well... Maybe status of contacts on the taskbar also~?

Currently, only the status of myself is shown on the taskbar

RE: RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by JeePee on 10-11-2009 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ

You run a very old version, version 14 (2009) is already there...
RE: RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by JeePee on 10-11-2009 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Please do not suggest changing the compatibility settings of Messenger, it creates a lot of other internal problems in Messenger.

An option to do that will be added in Messenger Plus! if Microsoft doesn't do it themselves with their next version :).

I just installed their newest version.
It behaves as described. I guess that is a new 'by design' feature.
But I see your point, let's wait until Windows 7 is in the stores to the general public.
RE: RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by JeePee on 10-11-2009 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
You can have WLM go to the system tray. You go to where you have messenger installed and right click on msnmsgr.exe and select properties. Then click the compatibility tab and select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista'.

I don't want to because I read about a lot of issues when MSN runs in compatibility mode.
RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by NanaFreak on 10-11-2009 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JeePee
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ

no this WLM is WLM9 or v14... ;)
RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by twigboy on 10-22-2009 at 02:56 AM

voting for minimise to tray to be added
i really wish i didnt have to use vista mode till then =\

RE: RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by Hank on 10-22-2009 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
Originally posted by JeePee
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ

no this WLM is WLM9 or v14... ;)
thanks for that... they'll call WLM10 Windows Live Messenger(2010)
RE: RE: Windows 7 requests for Messenger Plus by riahc4 on 10-28-2009 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Such as?

I have not have had one internal problem (that affects my user end expirence) running in compatibility mode.

So yes, the (temp) solution for now is run in compatibility mode for Windows Vista SP2.
My suggestion would be jumplist features, 7 features (such as if Plus! has tabs enabled, the thumbnail views in the superbar show each tab in a different thumbnail), and some more I cant think of right now.