Shoutbox

NTSC 4.43 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: NTSC 4.43 (/showthread.php?tid=92588)

NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-15-2009 at 02:15 PM

I need some help.

Australia uses the PAL tv format. My tv that i have also has the function to go to NTSC 4.43  and NTSC 3.58. I was wondering if i got a NTSC Nintendo Wii, would it work on my tv?

RE: NTSC 4.43 by matty on 10-15-2009 at 02:22 PM

As long as your tv supports it, it should work.

RE: NTSC 4.43 by blessedguy on 10-15-2009 at 05:14 PM

It will, as long as your tv supports it. Brazil also uses PAL tv format, while all devices I use (including the Wii) use NTSC, never had a problem with it.

RE: NTSC 4.43 by Jarrod on 10-15-2009 at 08:05 PM

means you have to buy ntsc games too

RE: NTSC 4.43 by lizard.boy on 10-17-2009 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
means you have to buy ntsc games too

That's the trick, so unless you are trying to play games that are only available in NTSC regions, it may be worth it to buy a PAL Wii and buy your games locally. Otherwise you may have to import them all from NTSC regions anyways.
RE: NTSC 4.43 by toddy on 10-17-2009 at 04:24 PM

he's not getting the Wii anyway, so doesn't matter :tongue:

RE: RE: NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-17-2009 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
he's not getting the Wii anyway, so doesn't matter :tongue:

Yeh, im not going to get one anymore. Cbf with the whole NTSC shit.
RE: NTSC 4.43 by Spunky on 10-17-2009 at 08:17 PM

Well, if you have a PAL TV with NTSC options, why not buy a  PAL Wii? Or am I missing something?

RE: NTSC 4.43 by toddy on 10-17-2009 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Well, if you have a PAL TV with NTSC options, why not buy a  PAL Wii? Or am I missing something?
he was (or at least thought) getting a free wii from lockerz :lol:
RE: RE: NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-18-2009 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

I was thinking about redeeming a Nintendo Wii of lockerz, i had the option, i was one click away but then the NTSC came to mind and i decided against it, so i got something else.

Don't mind toddys posts, he thinks it's a big scam.
RE: NTSC 4.43 by blessedguy on 10-18-2009 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
the NTSC came to mind and i decided against it
Those are times when I'm glad to remember Wii games aren't Made in Brazil, imported from the US instead. =P Which means NTSC (and US$150 on a single game, which makes it not nice to remember again)
RE: RE: NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-18-2009 at 03:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
the NTSC came to mind and i decided against it
Those are times when I'm glad to remember Wii games aren't Made in Brazil, imported from the US instead. =P Which means NTSC (and US$150 on a single game, which makes it not nice to remember again)

All games in aus are PAL, but they are all 100, 150 dollars, the only reason for that price is because we are australian, no other reason, they just feel like ripping us off.
RE: NTSC 4.43 by Jarrod on 10-18-2009 at 04:51 AM

console games, often even computer games are way to expensive I wouldn't pay > $65AUD for a game that's why I don't have a console and we have a piracy problem

RE: RE: NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-18-2009 at 06:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
console games, often even computer games are way to expensive I wouldn't pay > $65AUD for a game that's why I don't have a console and we have a piracy problem

Yeh it's just a rip off. Best thing to do is import the games, thats what i do.
RE: NTSC 4.43 by blessedguy on 10-18-2009 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Best thing to do is import the games
For us the best thing to do is to travel to the US (the euro makes it imposible to buy even the cheapest things in Europe) and buy loads of things =p Even with all the taxes it still is less then half the local price.
Got my dad to buy me an iPod Touch there, $300. Know how much would it cost here? $700.
Same with games. And almost everything else.

(Yep, total rip off. Hate it.)
RE: RE: NTSC 4.43 by Discrate on 10-18-2009 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Best thing to do is import the games
For us the best thing to do is to travel to the US (the euro makes it imposible to buy even the cheapest things in Europe) and buy loads of things =p Even with all the taxes it still is less then half the local price.
Got my dad to buy me an iPod Touch there, $300. Know how much would it cost here? $700.
Same with games. And almost everything else.

(Yep, total rip off. Hate it.)

1 Australian dollar is nearly the same as 1 American dollar so importing is good :P