Shoutbox

What is the Game of the Month thing? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: What is the Game of the Month thing? (/showthread.php?tid=92646)

What is the Game of the Month thing? by Th3rmal on 10-22-2009 at 05:27 AM

What is it, how does it work, and how do i get rid of it? :P

But seriously, does Patchou determine what the game of the month is? or is it feeding off a website or do people pay him to get their game as "Game of the month". Also, is there a way to disable it?

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by MeEtc on 10-22-2009 at 05:50 AM

Yes, there is a way to disable it. Preferences > Customize > General. Uncheck 'Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus'

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Th3rmal on 10-22-2009 at 06:41 AM

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Shiny Rabbit on 10-25-2009 at 02:22 PM

I'd suggest having an option to hide it in the dropdown menu that icon brings up because some (stupid) people don't look and they'd probably see it as a shameless money making scheme on Patchou's part which he's bloating the software with.

(by the way I'm not making a stab at anyone here or anyone in particular, just some people miss Messenger's/Plus'es own features because they don't look: it's amazing how many people on my contacts list ask me stupid questions without trying to figure it out for themselves)

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Discrate on 10-25-2009 at 05:30 PM

Th3rmal, it looks like it's advertising lol. I noticed that the other day and was like wtf,

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 07:12 AM

Anyone Can explain me ,

Did what you said, and the button never disapeared.

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 08:18 AM

You have to restart Messenger after unticking "'Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus'"

RE: RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
You have to restart Messenger after unticking "'Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus'"

Ok  dunno how to respond to a  comment like that, so i will simply say.

I'm not that dump duh!

and even if theyr a script problem or else I can do it easily  if someone just explain me where is the problem, ive restarted my msn like 10 time at least.

anyway Im gonna restart my pc now i need to do it maybe it will help.. but i don't think so !

this gaming of the month making me sick.
RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 09:41 AM

You didn't tell us if you had or not, so I had to assume that it was something you'd just tried and cover all bases.  It's easiest to start with the easy things ;)

Do all of the other features of Plus! function correctly?

Do you have any Messenger Plus! Live Skins installed?

We don't know what your exact problem is, this hasn't been encountered before to my knowledge, hence we're asking you questions to try to figure out what's causing it and how to solve it ;)

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 09:45 AM

Alright,

Maybe removing and adding back the skin will do ? 

Do all of the other features of Plus! function correctly?

yes

Do you have any Messenger Plus! Live Skins installed?

Stealth Skin.

no problem at all with nothing else.

there's not a more easy way then that i can just open my editplus  and delete the code line   *grin*

Love the delete button

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by CookieRevised on 03-04-2010 at 09:47 AM

If you have unticked the "Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus" option in Customize > General, and have restarted Messenger, then the GoM button will be gone.

Make sure you aren't running any conflicting programs.

RE: RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you have unticked the "Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus" option in Customize > General, and have restarted Messenger, then the GoM button will be gone.

Make sure you aren't running any conflicting programs.

Not running anything else.

This is a real problem , I know what im talking about.

not my first computer or else.

Just removed the skin and added , it back changed nothing.

Anyone can tell me where is the script for that visual part of msn, really curious to go check. And try many thing if no one know this problem.

A little bit of scripting can do the job. probly.
RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 10:17 AM

Scripting doesn't work in this fashion, there is no "script for the visual part of MSN"

Which skin are you using?

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 10:22 AM

Finished removing Msn - Re-installing is almost done used Ccleaner , and glary utility for the registery key in case.

I'll update in 5 min to says if this worked.

Im using stealth 1.0.1 skin

Not Worked  *Grrr*

Still have this shit.
RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 10:54 AM

Uninstall the Stealh skin, ensure that the button is unchecked and re-start Messenger.

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like afterwards?

Also, please refrain from double posting (making multiple posts in a row with no-one else replying) as it is against the forum rules, instead use the "Edit" button to add information to your original post

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 11:12 AM

http://img176.imageshack.us/i/before1.png/

http://img188.imageshack.us/i/after2v.png/

http://img175.imageshack.us/i/skinonagain3.png/

the yellow thing is the game of the month.

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 11:29 AM

The yellow thing is actually the Contest Icon.

If you download the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live from here and the latest version of the Stealh Skin then it will go away as the contest ended months ago and anything relating to it has been removed.

It is the skin re-adding the button

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 11:32 AM

Are you sure if i click on this this give me the game of the month, with trivian. link.

also just watched in msg plus about, my version is this one.

Messenger Plus! Live 4.83.378

same then the website.

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 11:40 AM

I think it's to do with the Skin, as the button doesn't appear there when you don't have the skin applied.

Try looking in the Skin's options panel and there should be a way of disabling it.

If not then you may have to find a different skin, although we haven't seen this problem reported yet

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 11:43 AM

And if there's none cause i did all options over 5 times and more ...

there a way to just remove the images from the skin or the skin pack ?

editing or else.. ?

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 11:53 AM

If you have any knowledge of skinning then you could remove it, yes.

I'm going to download the skin and give it a try, because I can't imagine there's nothing you can do as no-one else has reported the problem

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-04-2010 at 11:57 AM

Im kinda gonna be grateful if you can do it.  or show me how after.

I would never pay for a Messenger Plus t-shirt but would donate for those kind of thing.or else.

more then a t-shirt!

having a homemade msn is more usefull,

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 11:58 AM

Yes, I can confirm it's an issue with the skin.

I suggest you contact the maker of the skin in the following thread:

[Release] Stealth - Pure darkness.

And report the problem to them and hopefully they can fix it.  My own skin  (SexySkin) doesn't have this issue, so it's just a problem with theirs

Also, I'm not too sure what you mean about t-shirt?

RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by riahc4 on 03-05-2010 at 12:48 AM

The game thing is actually pretty fun :) Good games on there. Too bad the people are from strange places.

RE: RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Streets Monk on 03-05-2010 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
The game thing is actually pretty fun :) Good games on there. Too bad the people are from strange places.

For me you are the one who come from strange place and trivian is far away to be a good game, you should probly buy a new computer you did not know maybe but atari is really old
RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by Menthix on 03-05-2010 at 07:13 PM

Since when are old games bad? Retro FTW \o/. These 3D graphics bore me.

RE: RE: RE: What is the Game of the Month thing? by riahc4 on 03-10-2010 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Streets Monk
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

For me you are the one who come from strange place and trivian is far away to be a good game, you should probly buy a new computer you did not know maybe but atari is really old
What
The
Fuck
?

I said that people are some strange places Ive never heard of on that site. The games are pretty good and fun (hooked on pool :P ) I dont know what kind of drug you are on but get off it :P