Shoutbox

Windows Live not working with certain emails - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live not working with certain emails (/showthread.php?tid=92671)

Windows Live not working with certain emails by jls25 on 10-25-2009 at 12:10 AM

been trying to figure this out for hours, but im finally  just going to ask.

so basically, was on XP SP3, then last night i went up to windows 7. installed everything i need, drivers, blah blah and i then installed windows live messenger 9. newest build. It was working fine, surprisingly, as it didnt on xp, and then all of a sudden it stopped working. i uninstalled need for speed shift, when that happened... which i doubt plays a role, but thats how it went down. i have tried tons of stuff, then after a while, i tried using one of my old emails to log in, and it logged in with no problems at all.
then i used the other email, the current one i use, and it loads contacts, then i just get " it has encountered a problem, and needs to close" or however it goes. no error number or anything.

this is really frustrating, as i depend on windows live messenger a lot, and what is strange is that the mail apps and what not all work.

specs are

XFX 680i LT SLI
8800 GT superclocked
dual core e8400 @ 3.6 ghz
2 GB of RAM
2TB of space

im frustrated, and need some help, so thank you in advance for whoever decides or can help.