Shoutbox

XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed (/showthread.php?tid=92692)

XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-26-2009 at 08:32 PM

I'll be soon in possession of a XBox 360 Elite so I thought I should ask the fine users of this forum for their suggestions on some good game titles.
I've looked at the wikipedia page of all XBox 360 games (at least the ones in the past 2 years) and I've come up with the following.. feel free to add/comment :)

• Fifa 10
  • NFS: Shift (I just want a simple, clean, easy and fun racing game. Got alternatives?)
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo 3
  • Gears of War 2
  • Tekken 6
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (On Release; I love DB :P)
  • Assassins Creed 2 (On Release)
  • Smackdown vs Raw 2010
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (On Release)

I already have FIFA 10 for PC but consoles are way more fun :) I'm not a particular fan of PES (sorry).
L4D is good but I already have it on PC and Live doesn't really work in India (I think)

Any other suggestions for good titles?
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions by djdannyp on 10-26-2009 at 08:37 PM

100% agree with FIFA 10 and Assassin's Creed II.  GTA IV is a must too.

You should definitely get Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Or MW2 if you wanna splash out on the latest version)

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions by prashker on 10-26-2009 at 08:40 PM

BioShock 1/2
Tekken 6

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions by John Anderton on 10-26-2009 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
100% agree with FIFA 10 and Assassin's Creed II.  GTA IV is a must too.

You should definitely get Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Or MW2 if you wanna splash out on the latest version)
I'm not the biggest GTA fan (only played on PC so far).
I'm much more of a casual gamer who'd like a couple of hours of fun not months of roaming around here and there.. I play Fifa and stuff for fun/relaxation at times :)

I have a couple of CoD titles on my PS2 and I didn't really like them ;(
Thanks for your input djdannyp. Anybody else?

My one regret is that God of War series is PS only.. so I can't play the final game (God of War 3 :() God of War 2 is probably the best game I've every played to date. I do realize how pointless owning a PS3 is (higher costs and way lesser games) so I'm happy with my 360 :)

I've played Halo 1 on PC and I missed Halo 2. Should I get it for the XBox 360 or can I just read what happens on wiki and play Halo 3 directly? :P

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
BioShock 1/2
Tekken 6
Hated Bioshock 1 on PC (yes.. you can diss me all you want! I mean you dt!)

I'll move up Tekken 6 simply because you reco it <3 (and I've heard a lot about it on PS but never got the game :()
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Volv on 10-27-2009 at 01:57 AM

If you enjoy fun racing games then Burnout: Paradise is amazing, you can have hours of fun online just driving around smashing each other up :p It's more of an arcade-y racer and definitely not a hardcore simulator (like Shift or Forza).

If you're into JRPGs then get Lost Oddyssey, best one this gen (so far).

Like djdanny said you should definitely get COD4/MW2.

Not sure if you like RPGs much but Mass Effect 1 was absolutely epic! (ME2 comes out next year too)

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Chrono on 10-27-2009 at 02:06 AM

street fighter 4? 8-)

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Spunky on 10-27-2009 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
If you enjoy fun racing games then Burnout: Paradise is amazing

I think it totally sucks compared to Revenge, it starts to over-complicated things too much. I don't like how you have to drive to events either (n)
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Volv on 10-27-2009 at 04:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
If you enjoy fun racing games then Burnout: Paradise is amazing

I think it totally sucks compared to Revenge, it starts to over-complicated things too much. I don't like how you have to drive to events either (n)
The older games had better crash models but I found that they got somewhat repetitive and found myself avoiding certain race-types. I've really enjoyed Paradise quite a bit more, what really has me hooked is the online challenge system. I've wasted many hours just messing around trying to complete challenges; getting 8 people to line up while each car takes turns jumping over the other 7 is an amazing feat of online cooperation when you're playing with random strangers :P

Not to mention the amount of ongoing support Criterion has put into the game with free DLCs which actually add things to the game (as well as paid ones) for the last 2 years.
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Eddie on 10-27-2009 at 06:39 AM

How is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, not on that list?

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Th3rmal on 10-27-2009 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
+1

Also Grand Theft Auto 4 is an awesome game, even if you take it 1 mission at a time because you dont want to spend too much time on it. But with GTA4 once youve done a couple missions, you will be hooked :P

Burnout is also great franchise and I would endorse any Burnout game (H)

* Th3rmal reminisces about Burnout 1 and 2 on PS2
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 08:21 AM

Volv: I have like 3 Burnout games for the PS2.. they became a bit monotonous after a while. Since I'm still holding on to my PS2, I don't see the point in getting a 360 version of Burnout as well.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I have a couple of CoD titles on my PS2 and I didn't really like them ;(
:)

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Burnout is also great franchise and I would endorse any Burnout game (H)
Agreed. As I said, I already own a couple of Burnout titles for the PS2.

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Also Grand Theft Auto 4 is an awesome game, even if you take it 1 mission at a time because you dont want to spend too much time on it. But with GTA4 once youve done a couple missions, you will be hooked :P
I've played most GTA titles on the PC and even the one for the PSP. I've only ever had the patience to finish GTA Liberty City that too because I was dead bored..
But in a matter of speaking, it does give you shit loads of game play time. I'll get that a bit later but I'll make sure I grab a copy :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
street fighter 4? 8-)
quote:
Tekken 6 (Because we love SonicSam :))
;)

quote:
If you're into JRPGs then..
I'm not.. well tbh I've never played them :)

I think I've covered most of the game types I like.
FPS/TPS (Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, GoW 2), Sports (FIFA 10), Racing (Shift) and Arcade Fighting thingo (DB: RB, Tekken 6).

Am I missing anything? Any future releases to look forward to?
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Eddie on 10-27-2009 at 04:07 PM

The PS2 CoD title's were from World War, the Modern Warfare game's are completely different from there predecessors. World at War is an okay game but by a completely different developer, but I would suggest atleast trying and returning MW2.

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Volv on 10-27-2009 at 04:16 PM

Forza 3 which just came out has a significantly greater metacritic score than Shift. I don't like hardcore racing sims (which is what they both are) much though so I've got no opinion on it :p

quote:
quote:
If you're into JRPGs then..
I'm not.. well tbh I've never played them :)
You owned a PlayStation and never played a Final Fantasy game? :o
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Kafman on 10-27-2009 at 06:27 PM

What about [PROTOTYPE], amazing game and you got totally in love with the story once you're too hooked :P.

Fallout 3, however, if you care about the story, get 1 and 2 for pc.

Totally go for FIFA10, I'll get it thursday, you have to enjoy beating people over Live and hear them rage :lol:.

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Spunky on 10-27-2009 at 06:31 PM

Prototype was a great game for PC, if the story is a little predictable and some parts get a bit repetitive (consume base commander, enter base, consume certain people, improve skill, repeat)

RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Forza 3 which just came out has a significantly greater metacritic score than Shift. I don't like hardcore racing sims (which is what they both are) much though so I've got no opinion on it :p
I'd like a fun game but Burnout doesn't really feel like racing tbh :(

quote:
You owned a PlayStation and never played a Final Fantasy game? :o
Not for lack of trying. Having heard about it a lot (fgs, who's not heard of FF? :P) I tried to get a copy but it seems its not a hit in India :(

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
What about [PROTOTYPE], amazing game and you got totally in love with the story once you're too hooked :P.
Played on PC and I agree with Spunky

quote:
Totally go for FIFA10, I'll get it thursday, you have to enjoy beating people over Live and hear them rage :lol:.
Absolutely. FIFA10 be awesome. Yes, you can like "realism" and want PES but I like to have fun with FIFA10 and its "licensed teams". Being a casual gamer, I like to play with my favourite club and try to win titles.. so I like FIFA better than PES. PES' look/feel never suited me (whenever I played it on the PS2)

quote:
The PS2 CoD title's were from World War, the Modern Warfare game's are completely different from there predecessors. World at War is an okay game but by a completely different developer, but I would suggest atleast trying and returning MW2.
Oh.. I thought they all were World Warish which seemed not so fun to me :( I'm not into serious gameplay tbh.. I'm one of those casual gamers who likes to play on easy/normal and enjoy a couple of hours of gameplay.. the PS2 games seemed too serious for my liking.

I'll give MW2 a try :) I'll read MW1's story on wiki in case the stories are connected :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by djdannyp on 10-27-2009 at 07:28 PM

quote:

I've just got [PROTOTYPE] on rental, quite impressed with it so far, I'll probably just give it one play through and then send it back, not bothered with Platinuming it...as long as I get over 50% :P

That's why I love having a LoveFilm membership, games that I'll only play through once I just rent rather than buying and trading in....saves soooo much money!

quote:

Yeah, gotta love FIFA 10...the online is so funny, especially when people mysteriously "get disconnected" whilst losing badly, haha.  Gets annoying when you're going for the 100 Online Wins though, because apparently disconnections don't count, I'm on around 35 so far, but that figure includes at least 4/5 disconnections....have to wait and see how long it takes to get 100 legit wins!
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Yeah, gotta love FIFA 10...the online is so funny, especially when people mysteriously "get disconnected" whilst losing badly, haha.  Gets annoying when you're going for the 100 Online Wins though, because apparently disconnections don't count, I'm on around 35 so far, but that figure includes at least 4/5 disconnections....have to wait and see how long it takes to get 100 legit wins!
I've only played FIFA on a priv network here (spread across the city so it has people we don't know) and we used to have those disconnections too.

I suck at FIFA (I mean, I play at the lowest level and that's it :P) so feel free to kick me around if you want (assuming Live will work here :))
I think I should have a free subscription for a month or so :) I'll considering paying for more depending on whether I like it/have time to play online :)

Prototype is fun though the story was predictable to a point.. gameplay elements were cool but it didn't perform well on my old NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS even at the lowest res/medium quality (still looked shit).. I guess I won't have that issue on the 360 :)

If only playing with the controller on the PC wouldn't require a controller that costs like 20-40 usd, I'd play my PC games with it too ;(
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by djdannyp on 10-27-2009 at 07:37 PM

quote:
quote:
I've only played FIFA on a priv network here (spread across the city so it has people we don't know) and we used to have those disconnections too.

I suck at FIFA (I mean, I play at the lowest level and that's it :P) so feel free to kick me around if you want (assuming Live will work here :))
I think I should have a free subscription for a month or so :) I'll considering paying for more depending on whether I like it/have time to play online :)

Prototype is fun though the story was predictable to a point.. gameplay elements were cool but it didn't perform well on my old NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS even at the lowest res/medium quality (still looked shit).. I guess I won't have that issue on the 360 :)

If only playing with the controller on the PC wouldn't require a controller that costs like 20-40 usd, I'd play my PC games with it too ;(

I'd love to give you a game, but I'm on PS3...hence I'm only advising you about games which are available on both formats
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 07:40 PM

quote:
I'd love to give you a game, but I'm on PS3...hence I'm only advising you about games which are available on both formats
ouch ;(
You really should get God of War 3 when it comes out around March and complete the game. Once you do, please let me know the complete story cause I've played the first two and sadly, I can't play the third :( I'd like to know how it all ends. From the vids, it seems like its going to be epic. God of War 2 was the best game I've ever played.

So in case you've not played the first two, try grabbing a copy. I'm guessing PS3 still has backwards compatibility.
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by djdannyp on 10-27-2009 at 07:45 PM

quote:
quote:
ouch ;(
You really should get God of War 3 when it comes out around March and complete the game. Once you do, please let me know the complete story cause I've played the first two and sadly, I can't play the third :( I'd like to know how it all ends. From the vids, it seems like its going to be epic. God of War 2 was the best game I've ever played.

So in case you've not played the first two, try grabbing a copy. I'm guessing PS3 still has backwards compatibility.

Naa, the new slim PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility...and it's a feature I never used on my launch model.  There's a LOT of games I've got my eye on at the moment anyway...I might take a look at a trailer of it and add it to my rental list if I like the look of it....don't know anything about the series
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by prashker on 10-27-2009 at 08:17 PM

quote:
[PROTOTYPE]
epic sandbox type game (y). Especially with when you get all the upgrades.

Also, you may like Crackdown and Crackdown 2....fun stuff (when you are leveled up) :p
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 08:23 PM

quote:

Naa, the new slim PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility...and it's a feature I never used on my launch model.  There's a LOT of games I've got my eye on at the moment anyway...I might take a look at a trailer of it and add it to my rental list if I like the look of it....don't know anything about the series
Its the definition of epic win :)
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by Kafman on 10-27-2009 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Yeah, gotta love FIFA 10...the online is so funny, especially when people mysteriously "get disconnected" whilst losing badly, haha.
That x1000.

I have a lot of messages of people swearing to me... The best one was this guy that was beating me 3-0 and I was with 9 players... guess who scored 3 goals in the halftime... and what I enjoyed most was scoring the 4th goal at the '119... Jesus that guy started to screaming at me... and at least sent me like 4 messages saying that I cheated and that he wanted to kill me... too bad those messages got deleted after one month :(...

Another great game would be Fable II... If you like RPGs of course
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by John Anderton on 10-27-2009 at 08:31 PM

quote:
and what I enjoyed most was scoring the 4th goal at the '119... Jesus that guy started to screaming at me...
rofl pwnt :D
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed by -dt- on 10-29-2009 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
BioShock 1/2
Tekken 6
bioshock2 isnt out? ;<