Shoutbox

bluetooth adaptor issues - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: bluetooth adaptor issues (/showthread.php?tid=92709)

bluetooth adaptor issues by benjyrama on 10-27-2009 at 05:53 PM

Hi, I have just installed windows 7 on my dell xps m1530 and I cannot seem to install the driver for my built-in bluetooth adaptor.

Looking through device manager, I cannot even find any detection of a bluetooth adaptor being present. The external wireless switch does not turn the adaptor on and there are no hotkeys to do so.

Is there any way to turn on the bluetooth adaptor so that install the driver?
Thanks

(ps, I definitely have an inbuilt bluetooth adaptor)

RE: bluetooth adaptor issues by djdannyp on 10-27-2009 at 07:32 PM

Have you tried installing it in Compatibility Mode?

Or installing the utility for disabling/enabling the Wireless.

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor before installing?  If so, did it mention anything about the Bluetooth adaptor?

RE: bluetooth adaptor issues by benjyrama on 10-27-2009 at 09:04 PM

Have tried running it in compatibility mode - problem still remains that the driver installer can't actually detect a bluetooth module.

the external wireless switch works in terms of turning on and off wifi so i dont think that's the problem.

windows 7 upgrade advisor mentioned nothing about the bluetooth adaptor i dont think.

i was wondering if maybe there was something along hte lines of the bluetooth module being able to be turned off doubly - by the external wireless switch and through the OS. thus, i need to figure out how to turn on the bluetooth for the second time (ie the OS part)?

[EDIT]
solved:
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19275876/19489780.aspx

RE: bluetooth adaptor issues by tony on 10-27-2009 at 09:32 PM

Check your BIOS settings and see it the bluetooth capability is on.