Shoutbox

HELP - Adding scripts to the database... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... (/showthread.php?tid=92713)

HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 10-27-2009 at 09:41 PM

I've tried uploading some of my scripts to the database, and it says even if they're not added, I should still get a reply.  But I'm yet to hear anything.  :S  Am I doing something wrong?

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by toddy on 10-27-2009 at 09:56 PM

uid=3menthix is the man to speak to

edit:
lazy wdz

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-01-2009 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
menthix is the man to speak to
I'll send him a PM.  :P
RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by CookieRevised on 11-01-2009 at 01:07 PM

Note that it can take up to a week. New submissions are not checked 24/7. They are accumulated over a week or so and then are checked and added on mass.

If you don't get a reply within one week and a half (should never happen though) you could contact him again. Menthix is a very busy man.

;)

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-01-2009 at 01:47 PM

I'll have to wait and see.  :)

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by Menthix on 11-01-2009 at 03:34 PM

What were the names and when did you sent them? There are some scripts waiting, but I don't recognize your name or the script names in your signature in any of them.

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-01-2009 at 03:59 PM

So far, I have submitted Duplicator, Flip Status, Instant Response, Interface Writer, Plus! Browser, Plus! Counter, QuickKey and Remote Alert.  They should have all appeared as coming from "WhizWeb Community <outbox.wwc@live.co.uk>".  The last time I tried submitting them was about 2 months ago.

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by Menthix on 11-01-2009 at 04:09 PM

I didn't receive any of those unfortunately. Are you sure they were sent to scripts@msgpluslive.net?

Alternatively you could resend them to scripts@menthix.net. That's not meant to be the regular submit address, but I used it in the past for somebody else who had trouble sending mail to the msgpluslive server too.

Let me know when you resend them and I'll check if they are received.

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-01-2009 at 04:23 PM

Done.  :P

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by Menthix on 11-01-2009 at 04:38 PM

Ok, received:
Duplicator 1.2
Flip Status 1.0
Instant Response 2.0
Interface Writer 1.2
Plus! Browser 1.5
Plus! Counter 1.0
QuickKey 1.3
Remote Alert 1.0 (twice from different addresses)

They look nice. I won't have the time to go through them today, but it will be soon now. Sorry for the trouble, I don't know why mails from some people are not coming in. We had the same problem with somebody else submitting skins. They don't end up in the spam folder either, somehow they just vaporize along the way :(.

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-01-2009 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Remote Alert 1.0 (twice from different addresses)
Yeah, sorry.  Hit the wrong button.  ;)

Yep, they're all there.  And if I update those scripts, can I send the newer versions to you?
RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by Menthix on 11-01-2009 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whiz
And if I update those scripts, can I send the newer versions to you?
Yes. Just send the new .plsc, and any other information is only needed if it changed.

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by whiz on 11-02-2009 at 01:34 PM

Will do.  :)

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by tribbium on 11-03-2009 at 08:58 PM

When is the database being updated next?

RE: HELP - Adding scripts to the database... by matty on 11-03-2009 at 09:13 PM

When MenthiX has a moment?