Shoutbox

New problem! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: New problem! (/showthread.php?tid=92828)

New problem! by eric1234 on 11-06-2009 at 10:55 PM

As I was signing on to msn today, it tried to bully me into upgrading to the new live version ( I have 8.5). I found a way to restore my old version by changing the compatibility mode to windows 2000 (msnmsgr>properties>compatability)

I'm able to sign on to my old msn version but now Messenger Plus ! is gone!!!!
I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown here.
Tried downloading MSN Plus again, ran it and still nothing.
Patchou Help please:( I want my Messenger Plus back

RE: New problem! by NanaFreak on 11-07-2009 at 12:01 AM

Upgrade to the new version of Messenger? it is better and has security patches...

also, dont double post not even an hour after your original post. this is a community that doesnt get paid to help, so we dont always respond immediately

RE: New problem! by eric1234 on 11-07-2009 at 02:37 AM

If I wanted to upgrade I wouldn't have posted the problem here now would I ?

RE: New problem! by MeEtc on 11-07-2009 at 02:43 AM

Simply put, if you want to use both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! together, you will need to upgrade.

RE: New problem! by CookieRevised on 11-07-2009 at 03:45 AM

...and upgrading will also fix an important security issue which is present in MSN Messenger.

RE: New problem! by Moon_Moon on 11-10-2009 at 03:13 AM

I have the same problem........

can you please try to fix the problem by installing both msn 8.5(changing the compatibility mode to windows 2000)(msnmsgr>properties>compatability) with the updated version of Messenger Plus live4.83.372

RE: New problem! by MeEtc on 11-10-2009 at 03:38 AM

There is not a problem to fix. Microsoft does not want people to use 8.5 anymore. Running in compatibility mode does not allow Plus! to function properly. As I stated above, if you want to use Plus!, you will need to (and should regardless) upgrade to the latest version of messenger.