Shoutbox

MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error (/showthread.php?tid=92829)

MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by ChrisHighwind on 11-06-2009 at 11:08 PM

Ok, so I installed MsgPlus and Messenger Plus! Live nearly together. Everything's fine, when I decide to get a skin for Messenger Plus! Live. Suddenly, I get an error message saying I can't sign in. Error code: 80048820 I tried re-registering softpub.dll, but it didn't work. I tried clearing the DNS, nothing. When I disabled Messenger Plus! Live, WLM worked fine. When I re-enabled it, the error persisted. However, the problem was resolved by uninstalling MsgPlus.

Windows Live Version: Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Patchou on 11-06-2009 at 11:10 PM

Can you tell us what skin you tried?

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by MeEtc on 11-06-2009 at 11:42 PM

I was speaking with Chris online in IRC chat. here's a few more details:
WLM + msgplus were working fine without a skin, but got 2 different error codes after installing http://www.msgplus.net/skins/view/158-Windows-Seven-Skin/

error codes were:  80071392 and 80048820. disabling plus by renaming msimg32.dll allowed normal operation and sign in of Messenger.
I tried the skin as well and its running fine but I'm not running .372 yet.
Also have WLM 14.0.8089.726 and Win7 ultimate 32 bit

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by NanaFreak on 11-07-2009 at 03:51 AM

i get this same problem with this information:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7600)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
Messenger Plus! Live 4.83.0.372
Skin: fuse 1.0.0

though i am getting a different error... 81000306
this error appears after about a minute of the first attempt to sign in and then if i hit retry or try and sign in again it works perfectly...

doing the fix of renaming msimg32.dll does fix the problem... but i would like to be able to have my skin ]=

if you need anymore information patchou, just ask away [=

EDIT: just figured out this only happens with auto signin turned on... (thanks to MeEtc)

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by roflmao456 on 11-07-2009 at 05:29 AM

My findings:

Skin + Auto Sign-in : first sign-in FAIL
No skin + Auto sign-in : first sign-in WIN
(No) Skin + No auto sign-in : first sign-in WIN

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Skin: fuse 1.0.2

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-08-2009 at 03:49 AM

I've seen this once before, it happens when a skin removes a certain element from the sign-in windows and the user has auto sign-in enabled. Just don't remember which though :(.

PMed Ryddyck to see if he can fix it. If i don't hear back from him soon enough skin will be removed from the db.

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Ryddyck on 11-09-2009 at 05:33 PM

Thanks Menthix for the "news"
So strange O.o
I tried with my contact... I haven't got any errors with my skin (with default options)
I'll try with different options and other accounts.

Windows Seven 32-bit Italian (6.1.7600.16385)
Messenger Plus! Live: 4.83.0.372
Skin: Windows Seven Skin 0.9

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-11-2009 at 03:46 PM

I did some tests, but can't recreate the problem either, played around with the skin settings too.

Windows 7 Home Premium (6.1.7600)
Skin: Windows Seven Skin 0.9

Those who do have the problem: Using the skin's default settings? Any other Messenger add-ons or patches applied?

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by roflmao456 on 11-11-2009 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Any other Messenger add-ons or patches applied?
Hmm.. well I do have A-Patch...
RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-11-2009 at 10:37 PM

Are you removing any components/elements from the sign-in window, if so, which?

RE: RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Ryddyck on 11-13-2009 at 08:19 PM

I tried many times and I have never met this error

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by roflmao456 on 11-14-2009 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Are you removing any components/elements from the sign-in window, if so, which?
[Image: apatch.png]
[Image: fuse.png]
+ remove ads reg key
RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by NanaFreak on 11-14-2009 at 06:13 AM

my settings for fuse:

[Image: fusesettings.png]

hope it helps

(also i have used the remove ads functionality of Willz skins)

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-14-2009 at 11:06 AM

When did this thread become about one of Willz's skins :p? We were trying to find an error in the Windows Seven Skin.

RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by NanaFreak on 11-14-2009 at 12:18 PM

quote:
When did this thread become about one of Willz's skins :p? We were trying to find an error in the Windows Seven Skin.
i get the same problem with fuse... and i think also Phunk'n
RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-14-2009 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Ok, apart from Willz's registry hack to hide the banners, using any other patches/add-ons?
RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by NanaFreak on 11-14-2009 at 02:54 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Ok, apart from Willz's registry hack to hide the banners, using any other patches/add-ons?
nothing other than the skin + plus
RE: MsgPlus + Messenger Plus! Live with skin = Sign-in Error by Menthix on 11-22-2009 at 06:37 PM

Did some more testing... I can now repro the issue too, but only using fuse (1.0.2). Exactly like described:

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
Skin + Auto Sign-in : first sign-in FAIL
No skin + Auto sign-in : first sign-in WIN
(No) Skin + No auto sign-in : first sign-in WIN
Also getting error code 81000306 like Nana. If you cancel the error dialog and manually click the sign in button there will be no problem.

Using the default skin settings, no ad hiding registry files, or any other patches/addons.

Windows 7 Home Premium (6.1.7600)
Skin: fuse 1.0.2

I'll message Willz about it. Would be nice if we could pinpoint exactly which change to the default templates is causing this. From now on I have auto sign-in enabled when testing skins for the download database. Let me know when you find any other skin in the downdb with the same issue.

Because the topicstarter had another skin and another errorcode, plus nobody has been able to repro with the Windows Seven skin so far, I think that might have been another issue. Perhaps not related to the skin or Plus! at all, but a coincidence disabling Plus! fixed it.