Shoutbox

want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it (/showthread.php?tid=92855)

want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by tham0072 on 11-08-2009 at 06:59 AM

Hi I've been using MsgPlus! for a while now. I dun like the way MsgPlus! stores the chatlogs.(eg by month and account etc)

I prefer them to be handled by MSN itself. However, when i enable chatlogs in MSN while disabling them in MsgPlus!, the logs dun get saved at all.

Any way around this issue?

tham0072

RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by Nagamasa on 11-08-2009 at 03:57 PM

Could you post more details regarding your problem (i.e., WLM and Plus! versions, screenshots).

It's working fine for me.

RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by CookieRevised on 11-08-2009 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tham0072
I dun like the way MsgPlus! stores the chatlogs.(eg by month and account etc)
You can change this:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Conversations > Chat Logging > ...

And if those two options ('per month' or 'per contact') are too limited then you can always define the datetime splitting by setting a special registry key:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com\Preferences\LogsDateDirFormat

See http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/

quote:
LogsDateDirFormat - string "MMMM yyyy"

Format used to create chat logs files or directories (depending on your chat logs settings and/or event log settings). This value can be used for cosmetic purposes or functional purposes.

For example, a value of "yyyy" will force Messenger Plus! to create a new file/directory once a year and a value of "dd-MM-yy" will create a new file/directory once a day.

See below for more details.

RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by tham0072 on 11-09-2009 at 08:07 AM

hi nagamasa and cookierevised, thank you for both ya reply.

Will look into tweaking the registy, but is there no way to let MSN deal with the chatlogs instead?

RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by CookieRevised on 11-09-2009 at 09:24 AM

quote:
when i enable chatlogs in MSN while disabling them in MsgPlus!, the logs dun get saved at all.

Any way around this issue?
As far as I know not.

Messenger Plus! doesn't have any influence on the native logging of  Messenger.

So, if you have that option enabled (Tools > Options > Messages > Automatically keep a history of my conversations) the logs should be saved to the directory which you have set.

Maybe check if that directory is a valid directory?

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Could you post more details regarding your problem (i.e., WLM and Plus! versions, screenshots).

RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by djdannyp on 11-09-2009 at 10:24 AM

quote:
but is there no way to let MSN deal with the chatlogs instead?

Yes, if you go to "Tools > Options > Messages > Automatically keep a history of my conversations" and make sure that it is selected, then go to Messenger Plus Preferences & Options then "Conversations" along the top and "Chat Logging" on the left and make sure that options are unselected.
RE: RE: want chatlogs the way MSN keeps it by tham0072 on 11-09-2009 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
but is there no way to let MSN deal with the chatlogs instead?

Yes, if you go to "Tools > Options > Messages > Automatically keep a history of my conversations" and make sure that it is selected, then go to Messenger Plus Preferences & Options then "Conversations" along the top and "Chat Logging" on the left and make sure that options are unselected.

djdannyp, thanks. i tried this b4 and it din work. now it does. i muz have done something wrong last time or that this new version does it.

thanks..mods, u may close the thread.

edit: thanks for all who replied.