Shoutbox

Help with msg plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help with msg plus (/showthread.php?tid=92919)

Help with msg plus by gatecrasher0 on 11-15-2009 at 06:11 AM

Guys I posted in the other topic but it seems no one is responding so Ill try my luck here.

Ive been using MSG PLUS for a long time and recently updated to the latest WML and Latest MP.

ITs not loading up and working at all I have tried many ways to get it to work but nothing.

I have it working on my work PC and it seems not to be working at home on my laptop. Same versions on my work pc but here its not working.

I have tried deleting reinstalling over and over agian but it never loads up (msg plus that is)

Can someone help me out ? I use msg plus alot and now days its alot harder not to.. Any help is appreciated at all.

- Bogz

RE: Help with msg plus by djdannyp on 11-15-2009 at 10:41 AM

Try reading this thread:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

RE: Help with msg plus by gatecrasher0 on 11-15-2009 at 11:09 AM

I have AVG Loaded and Spyware search & Destroy NEVER had an issue in the past.. I Dont see why It would affect it now..

Any other ideas?

Also note It never starts even after installing~!

RE: Help with msg plus by Ilyakr on 11-15-2009 at 01:19 PM

I have downloaded Messenger Plus but it wont appear on my msn window. There is no icon showing.

the names come up in colour as they would if it had the Messenger Plus, but there is now icon or anything. i cant access my downloaded skins
RE: Help with msg plus by CookieRevised on 11-15-2009 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gatecrasher0
I have AVG Loaded and Spyware search & Destroy NEVER had an issue in the past.. I Dont see why It would affect it now..

Any other ideas?
Such programs are updated all the time. And those updates can conflict. So please follow the advise and try to temporary disable them/uninstall them to see if the problem persists.

PS: please do not double post: this is posting more than once in a row in the same thread. It is not allowed.

Also try to not make multiple posts in different threads about the same thing. That is called cross posting and is not allowed. People who are here to help usually check the Latest Posts page and thus will see the post regardless where it is posted. So it make no difference to make another post/thread.

;)
RE: Help with msg plus by gatecrasher0 on 11-16-2009 at 03:03 AM

Cookie I will try today and I will see what comes up, I doubt that its going to make a difference but Ill post up my results..

:) Thanks for the advice Ill check back later

I just tried before. No dice.. Any other ideas? Alot of other are having the same issues
RE: Help with msg plus by gatecrasher0 on 11-19-2009 at 10:01 AM

No Dice on that; Didnt work!~

RE: Help with msg plus by CookieRevised on 11-20-2009 at 12:00 PM

If you're 100% certain you don't have any of the programs listed here, you could try to set the hooking method of Plus! to 'safe'. This can be done by setting a registry key:

1. Open your registry editor
    (Start > Run > regedit)
  2. Navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings'
  3. Create a new REG_DWORD key called 'SafeHook' and set it to 1

Note: if that key already existed and was set to 1, then remove it.

If Plus! still does not load then contact Patchou: [Image: hhrr2c6x-mpl_supportemail.gif]