Shoutbox

Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" (/showthread.php?tid=92977)

Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 05:31 AM

Hi all! please help me. i search for days through the whole forum and have not found a solution to it.

i realize that after i add someone and check-up on them; message plus feature>Contact Information; "You are not in this contact's list"
i dontknow why isit so, but when i asked my friend on the other side, they told me that they had me in their list and i appear online. i checked the Contact List Cleanup & Privacy, negative too. they're aint there.

but the weird thing is that if they ADD me, this problem dont happen; "You are in this contact's list". why is that so?

I add them; "You are not in this contact's list"
They add me; "You are in this contact's list"
same goes to the Contact List Cleanup & Privacy option.

please help! this is really getting on my nerve as i use msn alot =(
thankyou.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by MeEtc on 11-22-2009 at 05:54 AM

The Reverse List as it is known as has not been working properly recently for some reason. A number of people here and in our IRC support channel have stated the same thing in the past few weeks. There is nothing known that can be done to fix this, as the information is being sent from the Messenger servers. Plus! just interprets this information and shows it in a way that's easy to interpret.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 06:03 AM

ok. so what can be done now? i'm damn pissed with it =( or i just have to wait till its ok? what's the "Reverse List"??

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by MeEtc on 11-22-2009 at 06:05 AM

You'll probably just have to wait for now, or wait until a solution is found. The reverse list is the list of contacts that have added you (instead your contact list, people YOU have added)

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 06:07 AM

ok. do keep me update or drop me a message if its been solved alright, thankyou.

hmmm where can i find this reverse list then

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by MeEtc on 11-22-2009 at 07:10 AM

The reverse list can be seen under privacy options and in the contact list cleanup.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 07:37 AM

ok if there's a update PLEASE keep me inform. thankyou so much

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 11-22-2009 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xtremescy
Hi all! please help me. i search for days through the whole forum and have not found a solution to it.

i realize that after i add someone and check-up on them; message plus feature>Contact Information; "You are not in this contact's list"
i dontknow why isit so, but when i asked my friend on the other side, they told me that they had me in their list and i appear online. i checked the Contact List Cleanup & Privacy, negative too. they're aint there.

but the weird thing is that if they ADD me, this problem dont happen; "You are in this contact's list". why is that so?

same goes to the Contact List Cleanup & Privacy option.

please help! this is really getting on my nerve as i use msn alot =(
thankyou.
Dispite what has been said so far in this thread, such behaviour can be quite normal and nothing is wrong with the servers!

Please search forums.

For example, if your contact (the one you've added) has "only people on my allow list can see my status" disabled than it would explain everything you told us. Nothing weird or wrong about it.

Again, like I've said in many threads before, I'm not claiming there is nothing wrong with the Reverse Listing, but quite a lot of the so called problems and "wierd" things that people report are in fact perfect logic behaviours and no bugs at all.

The thing is that apparently not many people know how all those lists and those options in Messenger actually work with eachother and quite often simply state that "There is a problem with the Reverse List or servers". While in fact there are perfect logic explainations for them depending on what the user _and_ the contact has set as options.

Not to mention that problems with the Reverse List can also be caused by tampering with the Messenger files. Lately, a lot of people try to trick the unsupported versions of Messenger to work again, because they "don't like the latest version". One of the major results is that their Contact Lists and other lists are behaving in unexpected ways. And this will not only influence themselfs, but also their contacts!!!! So even if you didn't alter anything in the Messenger files, it might be that your contact has, and thus you will experience problems too with that contact on your lists.

And to make matters worse, sometimes simply re-installing Messenger over an altered version does not solve those problems either. You explicitly must remove all data on your hard disk regarding Messenger (thus contact caches for example). And quite often, you and your contact must also remove eachother from all the lists to fix faulty contact lists on the server (faulty because they were syncronized from an altered Messenger).

So, you see, quite a lot of issues exist with this. And in many cases it has nothing todo with a server problem at all! But all todo with a user problem who has either altered messenger, or either doesn't quite understand how those lists and options in Messenger work (which is no surprising though, it indeed is not very straithforward).
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 03:57 PM

ok.

but anyway;

is it weird? when they add me its ok, but when i add them its not.
and the strangest thing is that, it just happened recently!

i just realize that.
recently those contact i added; "You are not in this contact's list" appear. so im thinking is there a recent bug? or...

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 11-22-2009 at 04:06 PM

quote:

is it weird?
absolutely not if they have "only people on my allow list can see my status" disabled.

Also, you can NOT simply test this by adding/removing your contact. It is not as simple as that and thus any 'result' you have or almost any 'conlussion' you come to will not be correct as you must follow precise scenarios and must understand all those lists, how they actually work, and what those (privacy) options in Messenger exactly do, to come to a proper conclussion.

Together with that, you must also take in account what your contact has set as options, if they have tampered with Messenger (now or in the past), etc... Also the order in which you and your contact add and remove eachother is extremely important and will influence the outcome.

Again, from the information you gave so far, there is absolutely nothing wrong, strange or weird with what you've told us.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-22-2009 at 04:25 PM

i did a test.did it with the same person

my friend add me; "You are in this contact's list"

i use another msn account and add him;  "You are not in this contact's list".

likewise;
he added me first and he told me;  "You are not in this contact's list".

then i use the other msn account i add him;  "You are in this contact's list"

you get it now?
if you add someone; "You are not in this contact's list".
but if someone add you; "You are in this contact's list"

the option "only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" is both enabled.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by aznmachine on 11-22-2009 at 09:23 PM

i have the same problem and I've tried logging into msn from multiple pc's and still it says they don't have me when they do

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 11-23-2009 at 03:00 PM

xtremescy, that is waaaay too little information to determine what might be happening. see my previous post.

With the extremely limited information you gave (eg: you didn't say what you exactly did to remove the contact again, among a whole bunch of other things you fail to mention), everything you said could be normal behaviour.

Either way, there is nothing we can do to fix anything (if there is something to fix to begin with).

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-23-2009 at 04:11 PM

i didnt remove or delete. it was a fresh add. we had each other in privacy, allow and unblocked. everything was enabled. and i didnt do the test just once. but many times. i asked them, they had everything there. everything enable.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 11-23-2009 at 04:34 PM

quote:
and i didnt do the test just once. but many times.
Which is exactly what will also influence the tests as you will not have a fresh add. Also, the syncronization might take up to 48 hours.

Like I already said different times in this thread: you can not test this by simply just adding/removing contacts without knowing _exactly_ how these things work internally, without knowing when the server has been syncronized, without knowing if the contacts have tampered with Messenger, what their settings are (and that is not just limited to "Only people on my allow list..."; it is only one example), and without knowing how you must interpret the results, etc.

It is not that easy to test this yourself and as a result you should not jump to conclussions that quickly. But if you think there are problems, then contact Windows Live Support.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 11-23-2009 at 04:37 PM

what i meant is with different other people just once. i did it many other time with different people, but just one add. thats all. no delete no block, nothing.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 12-05-2009 at 06:13 AM

bump up!

please help to this, anyone!

im still having this problem.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Benji on 12-09-2009 at 03:53 AM

Yeah Extremescy, I have this problem as well and I've posted a topic about it here before.

It is definitely "weird" and not a 'normal' thing, but unfortunately there is no fix/solution to this problem yet. I've had it like this for about 2 months now.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 12-09-2009 at 05:06 PM

ok, thanks for replying to this thread. so i believe im not the only one.

sigh*i hoped they can get it done or fix.
i suppose and believe that, this is just a recent issue as last time i dont have this problem

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by aznmachine on 12-13-2009 at 12:54 AM

im having the same problem... yet there is no real solution. The reinstall msn doesn't work.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 12-15-2009 at 02:09 PM

ya =(

can anyone save us on this issue???

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CatherineJ on 12-15-2009 at 03:52 PM

Hi Guys, i'm having the same issue.

Most of my contacts are showing as "Has You".  However there are few that are showing as No, when I know very well that they do.

In my case it could be that it hasn't synchronised as i've only just recently downloaded.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Benji on 12-16-2009 at 03:50 AM

I think we should contact Windows Live people.. the more people contact them, the better chance they'll start working to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what their support e-mail is though..

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Menthix on 12-16-2009 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Benji
I'm not sure what their support e-mail is thoug
http://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=w...-9856-dad3336c27aa
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by aznmachine on 12-16-2009 at 08:36 PM

i did contact them and they told me basically to reinstall everything msn related from scratch which didnt work.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 12-18-2009 at 04:18 PM

I made another Hotmail account just to see what was going on. Lets call both of my accounts A and B.

Account A added account B: From the perspective of A, A is not on B's contact list, even though B did accept the addition. However, from B's perspective, A is on B's contact list.

This means that xtremescy's idea of:
is perfectly fine.

I did this on two different accounts, on the same computer, with the same MSN Live Messenger.

If this additional info would help at all, I have not tampered with Messenger at all (other than MSN Plus). My privacy settings for account A has "only people on my allow list can see my status" disabled, while account B has it enabled. I got a new hard disk 2 months ago, so my version of Messenger is also a clean install.

I find it weird though. If all this is really normal behaviour according to CookieRevised, why is it that this only started recently, and I had no such problems for the past few years? Its definitely not a problem with me alone, since a lot of other people are complaining now.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 12-18-2009 at 06:16 PM

bloodelves88, what you just described is indeed perfect normal behaviour though and it has always been like that.
Althoug A can _not_ be sure if he is on B's contact list because that depends on B's settings which A can not see.

What you need to remember is that the contact list is not the same list as the allow list.

Also, when you get a request to be added when someone adds you, it does not automatically mean that that contact will also be added to your own contact list. However, the contact will be added to your allow list depending on your Messenger settings like (but not limited to!) "only people on my allow list...".

quote:
Originally posted by bloodelves88
If this additional info would help at all
yes it will... that is in fact absolutely essential vital info. Also note that there are more things you should know like other settings (block lists, "show cconfirmation when someone adds me" setting), when the server has been synced, etc... Without it, you can not interpret the results correctly, you can only assume things...

Also, in my previous posts I said "It can be normal behaviour". Meaning 9 times out of 10 it is normal behaviour and the problem is in misinterpreting the results and/or not understanding how these lists exactly work. In the other case it is a fault in the syncronization between contacts and you should contact Windows Live Support.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 12-19-2009 at 03:07 AM

So the 9 people I've recently added will be seen to me as "I am not on their contact list" forever? Ugh.

"show confirmation when someone adds me" is enabled for me by the way. My block list has 1 person only.

Funny, I just logged in to account B (the one who accepted the addition), and it says account A does not have B on the contact list. It wasn't like that at the very beginning.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 12-19-2009 at 06:15 AM

quote:
So the 9 people I've recently added will be seen to me as "I am not on their contact list" forever? Ugh.
No, not necessarily. That depends on all the settings and if they have accepted you or not.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 12-19-2009 at 10:11 AM

So it might change to "I am on their contact list" if they decide to fiddle with their settings? I think I'll fiddle with both my accounts to see when it'll change.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 12-19-2009 at 10:48 AM

Yup.

Although, I'm not sure if it would change if they alter their settings _after_ they have accepted the invitation. Logically it should, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 12-19-2009 at 05:06 PM

Ok thanks a lot. I've learnt a lot as well.

So I guess it will change if we remove each other, then set the correct settings (which I have no idea what it is), then add each other again? There's going to be some sort of synchronization time as well isn't there? The server won't update the lists immediately.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 12-19-2009 at 07:18 PM

it think it should, yes.

But, removing eachother again is another (confusing) matter. You can not simple remove a contact just like that. The first step is the easy one: remove eachother from the contact list. And when Messenger asks to also remove the contact from the Hotmail/Windows Live Mail list answer yes.

But then comes the confusing part. You also need to remove eachother from the Allow list. And that can only be done if the other has removed you first! Removing a contact from the Allow list can be done by right clicking on the contact and choosing "delete" in the Allow list. You will notice that the "delete" item will be grayed out at the beginning. That means you can not remove the contact and you must wait until the contact has removed you first.

Only when you aren't in eachothers Contact list, Allow list, Reverse list, Block list and Hotmail list, you are properly removed.

And with each of those steps the servers do indeed require to be syncronized first, which in theory can take up to 48 hours. But in practice I have noticed it sometimes takes even longer.
n the Reverse List view.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 12-20-2009 at 05:43 AM

in my case, i called my friend. and they all said that they have me in 'allowed list' and privacy etc.

EVERYTHING is allow, privacy, unblocked, in list. EVERYTHING

this incident just happened afew months back then, last time it was not lik that

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 12-20-2009 at 07:22 AM

Actually, those who I see as "I am not on their contact list" can be deleted from the allow list without them removing me first. Using my two accounts, I am sure that we have each other on both contact and allow lists, but I can still delete them from the allow list.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 12-27-2009 at 05:49 AM

quote:
I think we should contact Windows Live people.. the more people contact them, the better chance they'll start working to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what their support e-mail is though..

How can we do upon this then?
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Johan1980 on 12-29-2009 at 08:54 AM

I am also facing this problem. Couple of days ago I deleted someone (block and delete) and added this person couple of days later again but didn't appear on the reverse list. And the day before I deleted him, I could still find him in the reverse list.

And 1 other person I didnt delete, suddenly dissapeared from the reverse list couple of days ago without having me deleted.(normally you would think you are blocked and deleted) It's annoying cause you could suspect and accuse people they have deleted you while it's not true:@

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by anonim on 12-29-2009 at 03:08 PM

hi,

i have exactly the same problem,and all this  has start 2 months ago..is very annoying and the problem must be fixed...
too many ppl have the same problem who means that is an technique problem of Messenger Plus...
Any of you did found anything to fix this?

and btw i get e-mail from friends who ask me why i deleted them from msn..and i didn't... :|

i really hope that someone who is in this can see this problem and to do something to fix it...

regards...

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Johan1980 on 12-29-2009 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by anonim
hi,

i have exactly the same problem,and all this  has start 2 months ago..is very annoying and the problem must be fixed...
too many ppl have the same problem who means that is an technique problem of Messenger Plus...
Any of you did found anything to fix this?

and btw i get e-mail from friends who ask me why i deleted them from msn..and i didn't... :|

i really hope that someone who is in this can see this problem and to do something to fix it...

regards...

It just really sucks! And the thing is, WE are aware of this but a lot of other msn users aren't. They just think you deleted them or whatever and could cause a little irritation. I never experienced this problem either since this shitty new msn version came. I really HATE it. Besides that you can not even adjust your webcam anymore. (colours).(N) Just hoping that they will fix this all soon with the new version of msn. Wonder when the new version is coming.......
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by anonim on 12-29-2009 at 03:56 PM

exactly... all this trouble with the new version... and to not forget to mention..every 10=15 min i get error... and throw me out...
if i could to keep the old version..then was everything ok...

i doubt if someone "out there" really cares...or..maybe...? :S

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 12-29-2009 at 07:18 PM

The problem is NOTHING to do with the new version, it is to do with the Messenger servers.  I experience the same thing when using aMSN on my Mac, it tells me that people don't have me in their contact lists when I know that they do.

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Johan1980 on 12-29-2009 at 10:39 PM

quote:
exactly... all this trouble with the new version... and to not forget to mention..every 10=15 min i get error... and throw me out...
if i could to keep the old version..then was everything ok...

i doubt if someone "out there" really cares...or..maybe...? :S

Deleting and installing again doesnt solve your errors? That's even worse, I dont have that. Yeah you HAD to install the new msn version you could not chose the option "no" unfortunately. Okej DjdannyP says it has nothing to do with a newer msn version well then they should fix the server soon. I have someone in my msn also who is having a Mac and also have this problem. But Mac or not, it appears everywhere......
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by matmat07 on 12-31-2009 at 03:39 PM

Has someone tried to contact microsoft?

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 01-03-2010 at 06:08 AM

anyone know where to get the old version? what version is old and new??

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 01-03-2010 at 10:31 AM

quote:
anyone know where to get the old version? what version is old and new??

It is no longer possible to use the old version.

The current version is: 14.0.8089.726
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by mostang222 on 01-06-2010 at 04:35 PM

i sent thim an email for support ,, waiting for the replay

lol when they forced ppl to use the latest WLM make me laugh so hard

u can't force ppl to do something unless its correct 100% without bugs ..

but wat to do ..

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by robert_dll on 01-06-2010 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mostang222

The problem is on the server, not on the Messenger client. Messenger 8.5 would report wrong data too.
RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by mostang222 on 01-07-2010 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
The problem is on the server, not on the Messenger client. Messenger 8.5 would report wrong data too.

i c ,,

i've tried to contact the WLM support ,, all they say that i need to clear the cache folders which contains my contact list,,
i follow the steps and the problem still same.

btw ,, how do i explain to the guy who try to support me about the issue in the server?
RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 01-07-2010 at 05:28 PM

quote:
quote:

ya so true. why cant they fix the root of the problem lol.

quote:
quote:

i c ,,

i've tried to contact the WLM support ,, all they say that i need to clear the cache folders which contains my contact list,,
i follow the steps and the problem still same.

btw ,, how do i explain to the guy who try to support me about the issue in the server?

mostang222; hmmmm how about taking from my post? as i did some tests it. tried reading from the top again
RE: RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by mostang222 on 01-07-2010 at 07:44 PM

quote:
hmmmm how about taking from my post? as i did some tests it. tried reading from the top again

listen dude ,, i allready sent many Emails for the support services but unfortunately they aint support

all they say is reinstalling WLM and deleting Cache files ,, etc(N)

which makes me to stop sending emails lol
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 01-07-2010 at 08:42 PM

quote:
quote:
hmmmm how about taking from my post? as i did some tests it. tried reading from the top again

listen dude ,, i allready sent many Emails for the support services but unfortunately they aint support

When you tried deleting the cache files did it have any effect on the reverse list?
RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by mostang222 on 01-08-2010 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
quote:

When you tried deleting the cache files did it have any effect on the reverse list?

no effect were notice ,, but after all now im sure its server side issue
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 01-08-2010 at 07:05 AM

Microsoft support is stupid, that's all I know. They are the ones causing the problem, yet they don't know it. Its them, not us.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Stoozor on 01-11-2010 at 04:28 AM

Verify that you are not in their "Other contacts" list if it says that you are not in their contact list.

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 01-11-2010 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stoozor
Verify that you are not in their "Other contacts" list if it says that you are not in their contact list.
What list is that? I haven't seen it around.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by mostang222 on 01-11-2010 at 07:04 AM

its in msn contact list's like Friends and Family etc
theres a list called other contacts

maybe he is right ,, if we are in that list of other contacts ,, that why the test that if im in thier list or not says "not"

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by bloodelves88 on 01-12-2010 at 08:28 AM

I don't have those lists. Lol.
Anyway, if you read the earlier pages, I made two accounts to test this. Both accounts are not in the "other contacts" list, and I still have this problem.

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by CookieRevised on 01-15-2010 at 10:42 AM

quote:
1) too many people _say_ they have the exact same problem, but a lot of them actually have _not_ exactly the same problem as some so called issues can be logically explained (although it is hard to explain and understand because this whole bussiness with these lists is not as easy/simple as you might think).

I'm not ignoring the problems or saying there is no problem with it. I'm just saying that too many people claim to have the exact same problems, but they don't fully understand how these things work (not their fault, it is hard to understand) and as such see no difference. But there sure are differences sometimes.

2) It has absolutely nothing to do with Messenger Plus!.
Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Live Messenger. It has got nothing to do with all those lists, it simply shows what Messenger shows.

quote:
reply back to their email (as suggested in their email).

quote:
[...] which makes me to stop sending emails lol
Which makes them believe your problem is fixed and that their solution worked.

Do not send them a new email each time. You must reply to their email if you want to further investigate/escalate the problem.
Sending a new email each time will only result in someone else asking you the same questions again and suggesting the same things; they start from zero again in the Q/A tree.

quote:
I don't have those lists. Lol.
Yes you do, everybody has that list, it is a standard list (although it can be empty). It can be hidden also. And is one of those things which might explain some of these issues.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-02-2010 at 02:08 PM

any updates? gosh?! im been adding friends and still..SAME OLD PROBLEM!

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Menthix on 04-02-2010 at 02:21 PM

quote:
any updates? gosh?! im been adding friends and still..SAME OLD PROBLEM!
I wouldn't get you hope up. It wouldn't surprise me when Microsoft releases Messenger 2010 without the reverse list. A leaked early build already showed the missing reverse list. People are expecting the final version of Messenger 2010 to be released around June or July. Messenger Plus! needs correct data from that reverse list, if it's not there anymore the "Has you?" information from Plus! won't be possible anymore either.

My guess at this point is Microsoft will not fix the issue at all and will just not show the reverse list in any of the new Messenger versions anymore. When that turns out to be true Messenger Plus! will have to remove the "Has you?" feature too.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-02-2010 at 02:39 PM

damn. so isit possible to use an old version of MSN window live still, the version which still have the reverse list?

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by blessedguy on 04-02-2010 at 03:06 PM

quote:
damn. so isit possible to use an old version of MSN window live still, the version which still have the reverse list?
This data is sent by Mocrosoft. Microsoft doesn't seem to be sending it. Then in no version it is possible :)
RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-02-2010 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
This data is sent by Mocrosoft. Microsoft doesn't seem to be sending it. Then in no version it is possible :)

hmmmm, so what you are trying to say is that if i use a old version, that function is still working?
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by blessedguy on 04-02-2010 at 04:34 PM

quote:
hmmmm, so what you are trying to say is that if i use a old version, that function is still working?
Nope, I'm saying that this feature doesn't work in any version at the moment, and as menthix said, it probably never will anymore.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 04-02-2010 at 05:50 PM

It is a server issue, nothing to do with the program itself.  That's why it exists whever you sign in, even using aMSN on my Mac, it doesn't show the reverse list properly.

Also, you CAN'T use an old verison of Messenger as they no longer function.

As has been stated elsewhere, the reverse list appears to have been removed from WLM2010, which may explain why the feature has stopped updating on the current verison.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-03-2010 at 05:29 PM

ok. =( but guys, do you think it's possible it be back? or some could email and suggest it back. or something similar but different to be in time?

i believe its one of the function which i think is v useful (for me) or even the best.

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Benji on 04-04-2010 at 09:23 PM

quote:
ok. =( but guys, do you think it's possible it be back? or some could email and suggest it back. or something similar but different to be in time?

i believe its one of the function which i think is v useful (for me) or even the best.

Sure. If you contact them and somehow influence them then it could be possible.. but that's just a ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE attitude for me (A). lol.

Anyway, a tip that I have,
If you make sure the other contact adds you to their list first, then it It will say yes when they have you, and when they delete you it will say no after a while. Everything will be normal.
If you add them first, instead of them adding you, it will always say no.
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by riahc4 on 04-06-2010 at 04:50 PM

I think the first or second explanation cookie gave, explained it pretty much up.

I was also wondering about this feature. Since it seems that it wont come back, Ive also suggested that Patchou remove it.

RE: RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-06-2010 at 05:41 PM

quote:
quote:

Sure. If you contact them and somehow influence them then it could be possible.. but that's just a ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE attitude for me (A). lol.

Anyway, a tip that I have,
If you make sure the other contact adds you to their list first, then it It will say yes when they have you, and when they delete you it will say no after a while. Everything will be normal.
If you add them first, instead of them adding you, it will always say no.

ya i understand that tip cause i have personally test and experiment it. but..hais..just hope they will do something and get it back! or maybe Messenger Plus have special features..but..i dontknow
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 04-06-2010 at 06:06 PM

Messenger Plus! Live can't have any "special features" to access information that isn't there anymore.

Really all we can do is wait for the public beta of WLM2010 (and then the final version) and see if the reverse list features accurately in that.

If not then I'd imagine that Patchou would remove the feature, as it wouldn't work even on WLM2009 as it's a server related issue, not a client one

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-07-2010 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live can't have any "special features" to access information that isn't there anymore.

Really all we can do is wait for the public beta of WLM2010 (and then the final version) and see if the reverse list features accurately in that.

If not then I'd imagine that Patchou would remove the feature, as it wouldn't work even on WLM2009 as it's a server related issue, not a client one

do you know when the public beta be out? or the final version?
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Chrissy on 04-07-2010 at 03:19 AM

It will be released between Q2 and Q3 of this year most likely. (Full version)

I didn't even know there was a public beta though..

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 04-07-2010 at 10:05 AM

Well, there's been a public beta most years and most of their big products have public betas, so it's a bit of speculation, but it's an educated guess

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 04-07-2010 at 05:18 PM

okay.hais.sigh* that's the only function i see in msn praying hard for it!

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by aznmachine on 04-12-2010 at 07:06 PM

still not working...

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 04-12-2010 at 07:36 PM

The feature is unlikely to work again.

Reverse list appears to have been removed from WLM 2010 and so it's not likely that the severs will ever start sending/receiving this information again

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Vink on 06-21-2010 at 06:27 PM

quote:
The feature is unlikely to work again.

Reverse list appears to have been removed from WLM 2010 and so it's not likely that the severs will ever start sending/receiving this information again

I think it's working now?

I added a new contact in early March and Messenger Plus! and Messenger Discovery said I wasn't on her list. It still says I'm not. When I added someone at the beginning of May, the servers (through Messenger Plus!) are telling me that the contact has me.

Is this just because of my contacts or have other people been seeing the same pattern?
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 06-21-2010 at 06:32 PM

Hmm...a contact that I added a few weeks ago is showing as having me in their list, so it's possible I suppose....seems very random, unless they've decided to put the feature back in on account of people asking about it?

Although that wouldn't explain why existing contacts who's list I'm obviously in are still showing as not having me.  I think the feature still needs to be treated as unreliable and the most reliable way being whether they start a conversation with you or not without you having spoken to them since they signed in

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 06-21-2010 at 06:51 PM

alright. so.. is it working ..or not? LOL thanks!

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 06-21-2010 at 07:27 PM

No, it isn't working completely and as I said above, has to still be considered unreliable as it's showing someone as not having me when I know full well that they do.

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 06-21-2010 at 08:03 PM

ok! not reliable yet ya? haha keep me in the loop, thanks pal! =)

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by Benji on 06-22-2010 at 06:03 AM

Nope.. still not working.  |-)
It's been what, a year now?

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 06-23-2010 at 08:45 AM

hmmmm need more tests for this lol

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by xtremescy on 09-10-2010 at 06:26 PM

anyone's still on this ?

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list" by djdannyp on 09-10-2010 at 06:31 PM

No-one needs to be "on" this.  The feature isn't there.  It's been removed from the beta version of new WLM and so the data isn't being sent and received by the servers anymore.

Wait until WLM 2011 final comes out and then you can see whether the reverse lists are in there....if they are, then the feature works and is likely to be in Messenger Plus! Live 5 when it's released.....if not then it will be removed.