Shoutbox

Partner pictures gone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Partner pictures gone (/showthread.php?tid=92980)

Partner pictures gone by AngerFist on 11-22-2009 at 11:10 AM

Hey!

A had WLM 2009 (14.0.8089.726) installed, all work fine. After i installed Messenger Plus! Live (4.83.0.372), my contact pictures are gone in main window and also in chat window. Tried to restart messenger, changfed nothing.
Anyone can help me to get my partners pics back?

Thanks

RE: Partner pictures gone by blessedguy on 11-22-2009 at 03:16 PM

Just open a chat window with each one of them that Messenger will redownload their pictures back :)

RE: Partner pictures gone by AngerFist on 11-22-2009 at 03:23 PM

Pfff, so simply and it works. XD Thx.
Just an add info: they have to be online to make this, offlines still not visible, but will wait em. ;)

Thx for helping again.

RE: Partner pictures gone by CookieRevised on 11-23-2009 at 04:04 PM

PS: this has got nothing to do with Messenger Plus! though.
Messenger Plus! does not tamper with the temporary storage/cache of display pictures.

It most likely was either a fluke in Windows Live Messenger, or something removed the display pictures cache folder.

The later can happen when you (or some program) removes all the temporary files on your computer. The display picture cache folder is sometimes listed as a subdirectory of your temporary files folder in Windows. As such, completely removing that folder will also remove the display pictures cache folder.

Thus reinstalling Messenger or removing Messenger Plus! isn't going to do anything.

quote:
Originally posted by AngerFist
Just an add info: they have to be online to make this, offlines still not visible, but will wait em. ;)
that's correct. Messenger will only request a display picture update when the contact is online. Which is quite logic because if the contact is not online there can't be a connection being made to send the new display picture.