Shoutbox

Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll (/showthread.php?tid=93080)

Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by Honu on 11-30-2009 at 09:42 PM

Hi all,

Messenger plus stop working some month ago, since i've time .. i try to reinstall msgplus... everything was ok during instalation but no "plus" menu.. msgplus do not load with messenger..

I've uninstalled msgplus and messenger 8.1 and installed the 8.5 (don't like the heavy 14.xx), installed A-Patch AND msgplus (4.83)

=> msn work, a-patch as done is job .. but psgplus do not load .. !!arrghhh

I've seen that msgplus load with the dll hijack ... msimg32.dll .. the dll is in the messenger directory ... (the good one 59Ko) .. BUT ... by looking at DLL handles .. i found that msnmsgr.exe is using the msimg32.dll that is in the system32 folder ... (not the good one as it is the GDI dll)...

Someone can help ..? .. :)

Thanks,

RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by djdannyp on 11-30-2009 at 09:43 PM

To use Messenger Plus! Live you must use Windows Live Messenger version 14

RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by Honu on 11-30-2009 at 09:54 PM

Seems not .. :

http://www.msgplus.net/download/?lang=en
=>

quote:
The only thing needed to use Messenger Plus! Live is Windows Live Messenger (the latest version of MSN Messenger) which requires Windows XP or above. Messenger Plus! Live is compatible with Windows Live Messenger 8.0 to 14.0 (2009) and can be installed on 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows XP to Windows 7.

Anyway .. do you really think that installing the 14.x version will solve the problem .. !! I think not...  I'm not saying that Msgplus is the problem, just asking for somebody having the same misfunction and how it has been solved.
RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by blessedguy on 11-30-2009 at 11:36 PM

It will not work if you have modified any Messenger files, like hacking it to make 8.5 work even being the update to WLM2009 a forced one.

RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by djdannyp on 12-01-2009 at 02:51 AM

Your best option is to uninstall both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live, delete the program folders, then re-install the latest versions of both products...then I can guarantee you won't have that problem

RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by Honu on 12-01-2009 at 08:44 AM

No hack to make the 8.5 work under winXP ... juste right click, compatibility mode .. => Win2000 and no more forced updates.

I'm going to try without applying the a-patch ....

RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by Spunky on 12-01-2009 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Honu
juste right click, compatibility mode .. => Win2000 and no more forced updates.

That alone will cause problems... Try it without

Messenger Plus! Live only works on Windows Live Messenger on Windows XP and above
RE: Messenger do not load the correct msimg32.dll by Honu on 12-01-2009 at 09:40 AM

..Spanky +1 ...

You've won the medal ... :D  you are totally right, the problem is here ... thaaaankks a lot.

Have a nice day, will put a candle in church for you ..

David

PS : note that uninstalling the exe do not disable compatibility mode for this exe.... if you reinstall it, compatibility mode is always effective, have to go to properties / compatibility mode / disable

- Hack to make 8.5 works applied
- A-Patch applied

=> everything work now ... COOooooOOOLLL
:)