Shoutbox

trading - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: trading (/showthread.php?tid=93162)

trading by YourNeibour on 12-09-2009 at 04:01 AM

I have an opportunity to trade my 8gig itouch jailbroken for an 8 gig iphone 3G not jailbroken is it worth the trade?

RE: trading by matty on 12-09-2009 at 04:06 AM

Do you have a use for the phone?

RE: trading by Nagamasa on 12-09-2009 at 04:15 AM

It depends on what phone you have right now.

If you have rather recent phone that can take pictures, store music, play some basic games, and connect to your computer, then no it's not worth the trade.

If you have a b&w screen still, then yeah.

Keep in mind about your phone plan. Data plans are more expensive than everything else combined (starting at $30!).

RE: trading by Jarrod on 12-09-2009 at 05:16 AM

wait "8gig itouch jailbroken for an 8 gig iphone 3G not jailbroken,"
did I miss something?
http://blackra1n.com/

RE: trading by M73A on 12-09-2009 at 11:19 AM

yeah i was going to say the same as Jarrod,

get the iphone and jailbreak/unlock it with blackra1n!

another useful resource is :

http://www.iclarified.com

be aware that iphone camera SUCK and that if your on PAYG then using any online features will be expensive (trust me! lol)

RE: trading by Menthix on 12-09-2009 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
is it worth the trade?
Nah, just get areal phone.
RE: trading by blessedguy on 12-09-2009 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
is it worth the trade?
Nah, just get areal phone.
Even though I like the iPhone and the story goes on, I'd reccomend you to keep your iPod touch and use another cellphone.

Why?
  • Expensive data plans, the iPod touch only uses wifi
  • There aren't always-running telephone services on the iPod touch, it's battery last WAY longer
  • iPhone is WAY bigger and heavier than iPod touch.
  • Apps get interrupted by calls on the iPhone (it's a phone after all...)
  • iPhone/iPhone 3G and 2007/2008 iPod touches (and 2009 8Gb iPod touch) all have basically the same hardware, you'll be paying more only for internet everywere, GPS, crappy camera (2MP without autofocus or movie recording, the better one is only for the 3GS) and telephone functions you get on any phone.
  • You will never ever have to worry about paying monthly bills for using your iPod touch

Also, if you ever go to the iPhone side, get an iPhone 3GS: it's faster, got better camera, voice control (I at least love using it =P) and all that stuff Apple loves to advertise about it.
RE: trading by Chris4 on 12-09-2009 at 01:52 PM

I'd get the iPhone 3G for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
if your on PAYG then using any online features will be expensive (trust me! lol)
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Expensive data plans, the iPod touch only uses wifi

Depends what network you're with. I'm on O2 PAYG and when I top-up with £15 I get unlimited texts and web for free. Other networks have similar offers, such as unlimited web for £5 a month. So it's not so bad.

quote:
Also, if you ever go to the iPhone side, get an iPhone 3GS
Not really necessary. 3G is still good. So it may be a bit slower, camera not as good and doesn't have voice control, but the firmware update gives it many features the 3GS has, so I hear.

P.S. It's officially the coolest thing you can have ;)
RE: trading by Menthix on 12-09-2009 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
P.S. It's officially the coolest thing you can have
I don't want to buy a brand, I want to buy a phone.
RE: trading by lizard.boy on 12-09-2009 at 02:10 PM

I switched to an iPhone 3g without a data plan and I actually lost features. With my Ericcsson I could use voice control, and I could sync my phone with my laptop and see CID info on my screen, or use a full keyboard to send SMS.

Really, it's up to what you want. I like it, but don't love it. I also have an iPod that I no longer carry because it became redundant. Then again I don't listen to music that much.

And be prepared to charge your iPhone every day if you don't already.

RE: trading by Chrissy on 12-09-2009 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'd get the iPhone 3G for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
if your on PAYG then using any online features will be expensive (trust me! lol)
quote:
Expensive data plans, the iPod touch only uses wifi

Depends what network you're with. I'm on O2 PAYG and when I top-up with £15 I get unlimited texts and web for free. Other networks have similar offers, such as unlimited web for £5 a month. So it's not so bad.

quote:
Also, if you ever go to the iPhone side, get an iPhone 3GS
Not really necessary. 3G is still good. So it may be a bit slower, camera not as good and doesn't have voice control, but the firmware update gives it many features the 3GS has, so I hear.

P.S. It's officially the coolest thing you can have ;)

I'm the same as you.

However when i bought it i got free internet for 1 year beacuse i got it from o2.

I like the phone. However it's slow at times.
RE: trading by Nagamasa on 12-10-2009 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
However when i bought it i got free internet for 1 year beacuse i got it from o2.

Canada - free data plan? Not in another decade. Oh wait, more like never. :)

(YourNeibour is from Canada.)
RE: trading by Jarrod on 12-10-2009 at 12:01 PM

my brother has one without a data plan, and he loves it, just change your apn as to be sure you don't spend crap loads by accident, and really you don't need a data plan if you have a wifi connection

RE: trading by kezz on 12-11-2009 at 02:48 AM

I'd say it isn't worth it, keep your iTouch and get a real phone.

RE: trading by Rolando on 12-11-2009 at 02:00 PM

No.

RE: trading by Jarrod on 12-11-2009 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
With my Ericcsson I could use voice control, and I could sync my phone with my laptop and see CID info on my screen, or use a full keyboard to send SMS.
my brothers Iphone does all that, hell I can even remote control the whole phone with VNC, and it syncs with his laptop great, as soon as it connects to the wifi it begins syncing