Shoutbox

No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! (/showthread.php?tid=93166)

No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! by AlenX on 12-09-2009 at 12:56 PM

Tell me,what is wrong with a way of setup of new messenger 14!!!  I just can not set it up to my comp. I try to use older versions like messenger 8 ,but it tells me I got to upgrade to newer version ,but I just can not do it. I am trapt. I `m using digsby instead,but that is just not it.

When I try to set up messenger 14.xxx.xx   , first I check what I want to install ( I check only messenger) and it starts all well. It loads all till the end,but then it shows me red X , telling me that messenger was not installed,because of ...I don`t remember what error... I think it was 80070003.  And I did many things,that used to avoid that error(cleaned some things in registry,cleaned up older messengers,did some "tricks"-like i have win 2000 or so...and some more...),but still,there it is!!

I hate that error so much,but I miss using messenger.
Any suggestion?

RE: No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! by Chris4 on 12-09-2009 at 01:35 PM

Try the following:

- Go to http://download.live.com/
- Click Download.
- When download appears, click Cancel.
- Click the Try again button, which will download wlsetup-all.exe

This contains all the Windows Live Essentials. Once downloaded, try and install Messenger.
This sometimes works for people having problem with the normal wlsetup-web.exe.

Note: Please don't put "HELP!!!" to try and get people's attention. Someone will try and help a.s.a.p whatever title you put.

RE: No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! by AlenX on 12-09-2009 at 03:18 PM

I ve tried that. doesnt work either.

Microsoft Application Error Reporting:
..it writes,that I must check if I`m online. And that microsoft applications can be downloaded only if you have active internet connection  :D 

I mean...that is hilarious. And dramatic...

Number of error is    hr:0x80040005

so it does NOT work!!

RE: No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! by matty on 12-09-2009 at 03:39 PM

Do you have the latest .Net framework?

RE: No WAY to set up Messenger 14.xxxx HELP!!! by Menthix on 12-09-2009 at 03:50 PM

You could try running ZapMessenger before trying again. It deletes all files related to Messenger, which solves installation people for a lot of people.