Shoutbox

Script is not a valid MSN live script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Script is not a valid MSN live script (/showthread.php?tid=93183)

Script is not a valid MSN live script by Rainbowdragon on 12-12-2009 at 06:00 AM

Hello, I just recently downloaded MSN live plus and have a problem. I want to install color MSG to customize my text with colors that arte unavailable in MSN live messenger however everytime I try I get the message "The script you are trying to load is apparantly not a valid MSN live plus script" several people have downloaded this script so why can't I?

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by djdannyp on 12-12-2009 at 11:39 AM

Which script is it?

Did you download it from the Scripts Database?

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Rainbowdragon on 12-13-2009 at 04:58 AM

As I said the script was called color MSG and yes it was downloaded from the scripts database, on a side note how do you turn on e-mail confirmation if someone replies to your thread?

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Chris4 on 12-13-2009 at 06:38 AM

There is no script called "color MSG" in the Scripts Database. Please be more specific, a link would be helpful. All the scripts in the Scripts Database have been tested and work fine with Messenger Plus! Live.

Also, you don't need a script to add color in your name, Messenger Plus! Live already does this. It's very simple, see the screenshot below.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=862012]
Source: NanaFreak's reply to "how do u get your msn name colored?"

Hope that helps.

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by blessedguy on 12-13-2009 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
There is no script called "color MSG" in the Scripts Database.
In fact, there is: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/385-Colour-Msg/

quote:
Originally posted by Rainbowdragon
on a side note how do you turn on e-mail confirmation if someone replies to your thread?
See the quick reply box? (Under the return to top button in the last reply) So, look a little to the left, there are three checkboxes: Signature, Email Notification and Disable Smiles. Simple check the "Email Notification" checkbox
RE: RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Chris4 on 12-13-2009 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
There is no script called "color MSG" in the Scripts Database.
In fact, there is: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/385-Colour-Msg/
Different spelling, hence the "please be more specific".

The script works fine for me:

---------------------------
Messenger Plus! Live
The script has been imported successfully and is now enabled.
OK   

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Rainbowdragon on 12-13-2009 at 09:11 PM

Yeah I tried to download the script myself but it doesn't work for me and i don't know why. I need help importing the script.  Because it won't even let me get to that point much less import the script and enable it why is that?

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Rainbowdragon on 12-13-2009 at 09:37 PM

OK now I got the script but I don't know how to use it, where is the script details page?

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by blessedguy on 12-14-2009 at 02:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rainbowdragon
OK now I got the script but I don't know how to use it, where is the script details page?
Know the conversation window? So, in the part where you type, there will be a little icon that looks like this [Image: icon_scripts_small.gif] Just click it, hover the item "Colour Msg", then hover the item Active, and select "On".
Click [Image: icon_scripts_small.gif] again, hover Colour Msg, and select "Configuration" then you just need to type the colour number or select it by clicking those buttons that look like a collor pallete.

Working? :)

quote:
Different spelling, hence the "please be more specific".
Since he's from the US, guessed he used the spelling he's used to, as "colour" is the british way to write it.
also, I used to use it before (A)
RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by Rainbowdragon on 12-14-2009 at 02:35 AM

*laughs* yep now i'm going nuts using all sorts of color combos thanks for all the help and sorry if I was a pain and you guessed right, I use the american way of spelling color without the u.

RE: Script is not a valid MSN live script by blessedguy on 12-14-2009 at 02:38 AM

You're welcome :)