Shoutbox

WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup (/showthread.php?tid=93258)

WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup by Schnappi on 12-19-2009 at 05:00 AM

I have a ongoing irritating problem with Windows Live Messenger 2009.
I have the latest build with messenger plus! installed as well.

Recently, when I open WLM from the taskbar then I press the close button 'x' to minimize it to the taskbar again, sometimes when I do this, a random popup from questionmarket.com will be automatically opened in firefox in a new tab. (even when im not running firefox) Strangely enough, the content is blank except for the title in the page. I have tried blocking cookies from that URL but the problem still persists. I am also unable to reproduce this problem at all as the chance of this happening is totally random.

Here is a screenshot to further illustrate what I mean :

[Image: x38kkw.jpg]

[Image: 25ugleh.jpg]

Any ideas to get rid of this irritating annoyance?
Help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

RE: WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup by ryxdp on 12-19-2009 at 07:36 AM

I occasionally got that too... dunno what happened though but it appears to have stopped for now.

EDIT: Just did it again. This is weird, maybe it's some advertisement?

RE: WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup by CookieRevised on 12-19-2009 at 11:03 AM

If you're sure it is coming from WLM, then you can (must) report it to Windows Live Support. They will investigate and if needed remove that ad provider from their ad list.

RE: WLM 2009 questionmarket.com Random Popup by Schnappi on 12-20-2009 at 09:43 AM

reported 2weeks ago but no news as of yet..
anyone still got this problem?

I can confirm its coming from WLM 2009.