Shoutbox

***HELP*** Cant see my cam stream in MSN**** - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: ***HELP*** Cant see my cam stream in MSN**** (/showthread.php?tid=93260)

***HELP*** Cant see my cam stream in MSN**** by kevsun on 12-19-2009 at 01:17 PM

Hello,

When i'm using messenger and having a video chat with my friend i can see my friends webcam fine and vice versa, but i can't see myself on the screen? The only thing i see is the webcam window, a webcam icon & a great big red cross??

It worked fine before.

Got me baffled??*-)

RE: ***HELP*** Cant see my cam stream in MSN**** by djdannyp on 12-20-2009 at 10:48 AM

Yeah, webcams have always been a bit buggy in WLM 2009.

The best I can suggest is making sure that you have the latest drivers for your webcam.

One hit and miss way around the problem is to sign in and out of Messenger until you get the option to "Send my webcam" when clicking on the webcam icon next to your display picture.

For some reason that will occasionally be greyed out so that you can't send the webcam, but video chat still works, only you can't see your own feed.

That seems to be the only way around it....but I wouldn't be too bothered about it as long as your contact can see you - that's the main thing