Shoutbox

Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows (/showthread.php?tid=93265)

Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by _cyber_cell_ on 12-20-2009 at 01:52 PM

Hello again,

i have a suggestion:
could someone please make a script to disabble that pescy advertisment in the msn main window.. it is driving me nuts and it is nothing more than.. well.. nothing!!! :P

Thank you

RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by ArkaneArkade on 12-20-2009 at 03:33 PM

I'm pretty certain this is outta the scope of scripting, but it can be done through Plus! skins.
You'll have to look around the forum, but because of the rules you can't request a skin specifically for it.  There are some than allow it through registry patches though, so just take a look.

RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by SourSpud on 12-20-2009 at 07:52 PM

you will not find anything to remove the advertisement on the database, as it has something to do with breaching something, I remember reading it on a skin which was developed but he had to remove the option, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to do with a script though, maybe someone could make it? aslong as its not on the database i guess.

http://blog.leidegren.se/2007/06/ad-free-windows-live-messenger.html

tested and working no downlaoded needed

RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by blessedguy on 12-20-2009 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SourSpud
I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to do with a script though
Scripts aren't able to remove interface elements.

Most skins do have advertisement removal, there deep inside their folders in nice not-always-correctly-captioned .regs or .bats

btw, we aren't allowed to show that option in our skin's control panels, neither in their description, not to include it =)
RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by SourSpud on 12-20-2009 at 08:00 PM

I updated my post, no script needed :)

RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by 5n4k3 on 01-16-2010 at 01:47 AM

Hey,

I added the line like it asks you to, save the file, close WLM, reopen it. But then after about 30s-1min the ads come back.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

~ 5n4k3

RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by Chrissy on 01-16-2010 at 02:34 AM

You can always use A-Patch :)

RE: RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by 5n4k3 on 01-16-2010 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
You can always use A-Patch :)

Mmm can't use A-Patch and Plus! at the same time though right?
RE: Script to remove the addvertisment in the main msn windows by NanaFreak on 01-16-2010 at 06:02 AM

only problem with A-Patch and Plus! is that if you use a skin with Plus! all the changes that effect the look of WLM from A-Patch will be removed but all the other features work fine