Shoutbox

Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) (/showthread.php?tid=93307)

Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by M73A on 12-23-2009 at 05:44 PM

I have this layout:  (which I guess is the standard new layout)

[Image: 58128931.th.jpg]

And my friend is confused because theirs looks like this: (and if you click requests or something, it will change and look like mine. but will then keep changing back to this view everynow and again) wtf is that all about!

[Image: imageob.th.jpg]

edit: also it doesnt match anything under the 'interface evolution' on the facebook wiki...

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Mike on 12-23-2009 at 05:50 PM

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/12/20/facebook...edesigned-homepage

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Spunky on 12-23-2009 at 05:51 PM

My girlfriend has had the new layout for around a month now... (I still have the old one; It must be certain accounts rather than locations)

I think it's just a "beta" at the moment...

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by M73A on 12-23-2009 at 05:57 PM

its a bloody annoying beta! not because of the design but because it keeps changing from the beta to the current version every other link that you click!

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Spunky on 12-23-2009 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
it keeps changing from the beta to the current version every other link that you click!

Yeah she has that problem when going onto applications or profile pages... It only seems to really be the home page.
RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by blessedguy on 12-24-2009 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
it keeps changing from the beta to the current version every other link that you click!

Yeah she has that problem when going onto applications or profile pages... It only seems to really be the home page.
Back to the orkut dilema. (Only homepage has changed)
RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Chris4 on 12-24-2009 at 02:25 AM

Looks like an improvement (Y)

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by kezz on 12-24-2009 at 04:51 AM

I've got the new layout, and I don't mind it at all. When I first saw it I spent a few seconds refreshing the page because I thought the page had loaded incorrectly or something :chrongue:

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Eddie on 12-24-2009 at 09:47 AM

Everyone has only just got used to the old "new" layout, hmmm. They change it to much at the moment..

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by M73A on 12-24-2009 at 01:47 PM

im always a fan of a new layout, but when you only implement it on one page its irritating as hell!!!

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Voldemort on 12-25-2009 at 12:48 AM

i think beta.facebook.com still works?

RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Eddie on 12-25-2009 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
beta.facebook.com
Nope.
RE: RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by kezz on 12-25-2009 at 11:01 AM

quote:
im always a fan of a new layout, but when you only implement it on one page its irritating as hell!!!

I agree, the frequency of their upgrades is rather confusing. We all get used to the new layout and then a new one comes along. But if it means progress towards a 'perfect' interface, then I guess we can't complain.
RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Spunky on 12-25-2009 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
means progress towards a 'perfect' interface

Is there such a thing?
RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by Chrissy on 12-25-2009 at 10:08 PM

A few days ago i signed up for facebook. By the looks of it have the beta layout...

RE: RE: Facebook Layout - (Is there a new one coming out?) by kezz on 12-26-2009 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
means progress towards a 'perfect' interface

Is there such a thing?

I don't see why not, in terms of a social communication/networking tool, there has to be some limit they will reach where they find the perfect balance of the information stream.