Shoutbox

UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC (/showthread.php?tid=93339)

UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC by alegator on 12-27-2009 at 03:23 AM

I have a Canon G9 digital camera. I took several pictures and 4 videos that are stored in the SD card of the camera. I connect the G9 to the PC via USB to transfer the pics/videos from the camera to the PC's hard drive and all files are transferred except a video file named MVI_2338.avi, filesize 1.22Gb. When I try to copy/paste this file it cannot be transferred (the file transfer window in Windows Explorer opens up but remains there doing nothing and in the process a file with the same name and with 0kb is created in the PC).
I checked the videofile and it's fine, I can open it with the camera and play it in the G9. How can I fix this? Thanks.

RE: UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC by alegator on 12-28-2009 at 05:20 PM

I just tried transferring the video file in my same PC but running Win7 Ultimate, and I did so successfully (directly from the camera, the card reader still did not recognize the card). So I can confirm the problem was WinXP. Thanks.