Shoutbox

How to get around someone's "anti-block"? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? (/showthread.php?tid=93346)

How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by AL2423W on 12-28-2009 at 03:42 AM

My friend on MSN is being harassed by someone, so I told her to block him, and how to, and she did, as well as closed the chat window, but she's complaining that he's still IMing her. I don't know how he got around the block--it seems like something intentional that he did, I assume?--but is there a way to get around the anti-block he's using? (if that's what this is) I suggested she sign off til this is handled, so she's off now. Please help.
Thanks

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by Chris4 on 12-28-2009 at 07:33 AM

Tell your friend to go to Tools > Options > Privacy.

Make sure the person is on the 'Block list'.

Make sure "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" is ticked.

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by AL2423W on 12-29-2009 at 09:36 PM

She has that all set up correctly, but he still somehow talks to her. Are you sure there isn't some anti-block he's using? I made sure she did the correct things and pasted your exact words, but he's still talking to her.

Edit: She just told me he told her he uses a hack to talk to people. What can we do?

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by Chrissy on 12-29-2009 at 09:41 PM

Is she using any BETA versions of windows live messenger?

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by AL2423W on 12-29-2009 at 09:42 PM

She was using Windows Live Messenger, but is now using MSN Messenger, but still the same result on both.

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by Chrissy on 12-29-2009 at 09:45 PM

Are you sure if she uses the latest version of windows live messenger she still has the problem?

RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by Chris4 on 12-30-2009 at 04:49 AM

This thread says that it's possible to talk to contacts who have blocked you with an add-on called StuffPlug.
This thread suggests deleting the contacts cache folder. Instructions here.

Some people say YES it's possible, some people say NO it's not possible.

All I can suggest is:

- Double check the settings are correct.
- Try using a different computer, see if that's the same.
- Simply ignore the person, they will get bored and stop.
- Contact the Windows Live team who may be able to assist you.
- Change email address if it doesn't stop.

You may have more luck on Microsoft or mess.be :wink:

RE: RE: How to get around someone's "anti-block"? by Shiny Rabbit on 12-30-2009 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
This thread says that it's possible to talk to contacts who have blocked you with an add-on called StuffPlug.

that lets you talk to people you have blocked without unblocking them, but it's not being worked on anymore