Shoutbox

Youtube - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Youtube (/showthread.php?tid=93378)

Youtube by Discrate on 12-30-2009 at 05:49 AM

Has anyone ever had problems with posting comments on youtube videos? Everytime i copy and paste a comment and click "post comment" it adds the comment, but then  when i refresh the comment is gone. It's so fucking annoying.

Then other time i will write a comment and instead of saying "comment posted!" the button will just be unclickable and will say "post comment" does anyone know how to fix this?

RE: Youtube by Chris4 on 12-30-2009 at 05:55 AM

Yeah I get that. It happens to me when I post a link. They blocked them due to spam.

But instead of saying "you can't post a link" it just does the annoying unclickable button thing.

RE: RE: Youtube by Discrate on 12-30-2009 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Yeah I get that. It happens to me when I post a link. They blocked them due to spam.

But instead of saying "you can't post a link" it just does the annoying unclickable button thing.

But i never have links in my comments, just copied and pasted comments. It drives me insane.
RE: Youtube by kezz on 12-30-2009 at 10:54 AM

By "copy and paste a comment", do you mean you repeatedly spam the same thing? They may have put something in place to prevent this... given the e-maturity of the majority of YouTube users.

RE: RE: Youtube by Discrate on 12-30-2009 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
By "copy and paste a comment", do you mean you repeatedly spam the same thing? They may have put something in place to prevent this... given the e-maturity of the majority of YouTube users.

Nope. I copy and pasted something into 1 comment and tried to post it.
RE: Youtube by kezz on 12-31-2009 at 12:50 AM

Oh well I can't say I've ever heard of this problem before. Maybe their anti-spam method is still blocking the copy-paste function?

Edit: I just tried the same thing several times and several different ways, and was unable to reproduce. Can you give us any more detail?

RE: Youtube by Chrissy on 12-31-2009 at 01:35 AM

Youtube.com seriously sucks nowadays.

RE: RE: Youtube by Discrate on 12-31-2009 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc

Yeh, but you have a nice channel though rofl.
RE: RE: RE: Youtube by kezz on 01-01-2010 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:

Link please :)
RE: RE: RE: RE: Youtube by Discrate on 01-01-2010 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:

Link please :)

It's crap :P
RE: Youtube by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 01:50 AM

As far as I'm aware, it's all done in real-time, so your page doesn't refresh when you're in the middle of watching a video. YouTube haven't done it very well so there's a lot of room for error.

It happens to me every now and then too. It tends to work most of the time when you press a link that is within the YouTube domain. Odd.