Shoutbox

Logged in only for a few secs! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Logged in only for a few secs! (/showthread.php?tid=93396)

Logged in only for a few secs! by BlackWidowGreat on 01-01-2010 at 01:30 PM

i'm using broadband using a stick. When i'm using that to online, i can sign into messenger but it only last for a few seconds and it'll offline again. I don't know what happen! I can log into my msn but only for a few seconds! But when i'm using other broadbands, i can log into my msn easily without any problem. PLEASE HELP ME!

RE: Logged in only for a few secs! by user27089 on 01-01-2010 at 04:51 PM

It sounds to me like your router's built in firewall is blocking the connection from MSN. What type of router/modem do you have?

RE: Logged in only for a few secs! by djdannyp on 01-01-2010 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It sounds to me like your router's built in firewall is blocking the connection from MSN. What type of router/modem do you have?
quote:
Originally posted by BlackWidowGreat
i'm using broadband using a stick.

I've heard that with some mobile broadband contracts you need to contact the company to enable instant messaging to be used.  Not sure if it's just a rumour or not, but it might be worth contacting your provider to see if they know of anything.

Can you log into webmessengers such as eBuddy and stay logged in?

RE: Logged in only for a few secs! by BlackWidowGreat on 01-04-2010 at 08:41 AM

i see. thanks guys. i tried again and apparently i can use again. :)

RE: Logged in only for a few secs! by user27089 on 01-04-2010 at 10:03 AM

Ah okay, could you shed some light on what happened or has it just randomly started working without you doing anything?

Just a note: if that is the case then it is likely that it was a problem with the WLM servers. So, if it happens to anybody you should just wait a few days and try again.