Shoutbox

Games in 2010 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Games in 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=93399)

Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:09 AM

So, what games (or add-ons) are you guys looking forward to in 2010??

Mine have to be:
- Bioshock 2
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Resi Evil 5 Add-Ons
- CoD: MW2 Map Packs
- Lego Harry Potter (sad, I know)
- Dante's Inferno
- Dead Rising 2
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Ghost Recon 4
- Dead Space 2 (is that 2010?)
- Fable III
- Metal Gear Solid
- Doom 4

I know. A ridiculously long list of games :(. The gutting thing is that I probably won't have enough time to play all of these unless I take about 5 months worth of holiday in 2010.

Damn adulthood.

RE: Games in 2010 by Chrissy on 01-02-2010 at 12:11 AM

Mines:

- Bioshock 2
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Resi Evil 5 Add-Ons
- Dante's Inferno
- Dead Rising 2
- Ghost Recon 4
- Dead Space 2 (is that 2010?)
- Fable III
- Metal Gear Solid
- Doom 4

:P

RE: Games in 2010 by andrey on 01-02-2010 at 12:12 AM

- Assassin's Creed 2 for PC

focusing on just one game due to lack of free time :p

RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey

Haha, exactly what I should be doing. I've got something wrong with me that makes me need to stay up late playing games.

Working 9 - 5 for myself is taking it's toll let alone the 5 - 10 with girlfriend then 10 - 3am playing on games, watching my backlog of filmes and reading :(.
RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Metal Gear Solid

Screw Rising. Can't wait for Peace Walker.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE MOVIE!!!!????!!!?!:blah::blah:

Anyways
Mine:
Legend of Zelda (Hopefully)
Fable III (As long as there is a PC version)
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:25 AM

I didn't even know there was something called Peace Walker coming out. I just want the opportunity to play a Metal Gear Solid game on the 360. I got to a really dull part in MGS on the PS3 where you're walking around in a city with an overcoat on (if I remember correctly) and just couldn't be bothered. I'd already been playing for four or five hours at this point and my mate was gagging for his PS3 back haha.

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 12:31 AM

quote:
I didn't even know there was something called Peace Walker coming out. I just want the opportunity to play a Metal Gear Solid game on the 360. I got to a really dull part in MGS on the PS3 where you're walking around in a city with an overcoat on (if I remember correctly) and just couldn't be bothered. I'd already been playing for four or five hours at this point and my mate was gagging for his PS3 back haha.

MGS4 was amazing. Ok the third mission (thats the city sneaking one) sucked ass until you were on EVA's motorcycle shooting everything :P
Rising isnt going to be a tactical game. More like devil may cry style.
Peace Walker continues the events after Portable Ops. Obviously for the PSP.
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
quote:

MGS4 was amazing. Ok the third mission (thats the city sneaking one) sucked ass until you were on EVA's motorcycle shooting everything :P
Rising isnt going to be a tactical game. More like devil may cry style.
Peace Walker continues the events after Portable Ops. Obviously for the PSP.
Ah I see. The portable ops games were awesome.

I'll be stealing my Dad's PSP then!
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 12:39 AM

quote:

Ah I see. The portable ops games were awesome.

I'll be stealing my Dad's PSP then!

Hope after Peace Walker they remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (MSX since MG2 for nes had nothing to do with the series). That or a movie.
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:47 AM

I hope they just make an emulator because people usually fail at remakes. Although Conker: Reloaded for the Xbox was pretty amazing.

RE: Games in 2010 by Justin on 01-02-2010 at 12:52 AM

Pokemon HG/SS
I have no life

RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 12:53 AM

If they remake the MG they have to keep the main story the exact way it was. as for new features they should just have cqc and the sneaking abilities.

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by kezz on 01-02-2010 at 12:54 AM

quote:
quote:

Haha, exactly what I should be doing. I've got something wrong with me that makes me need to stay up late playing games.

Working 9 - 5 for myself is taking it's toll let alone the 5 - 10 with girlfriend then 10 - 3am playing on games, watching my backlog of filmes and reading :(.

Dude that sounds like the best life.

I'd have to say BioShock2 and CSPromod Beta 1.04
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
Dude that sounds like the best life.
I suppose it's not too shabby :D.
quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Pokemon HG/SS
I have no life
Mate, I just spent two months watching 152 episodes of Pokémon and I'm pretty happy with myself.
RE: Games in 2010 by MeEtc on 01-02-2010 at 01:04 AM

Cataclysm anyone?

RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 01:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Cataclysm anyone?
I'm too scared to buy World of Warcraft. I know that I'd get addicted to it and waste my life. I'm far too busy.
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 01:30 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Cataclysm anyone?
I'm too scared to buy World of Warcraft. I know that I'd get addicted to it and waste my life. I'm far too busy.

All the money you spend on WoW isnt worth it.

For all you FF lovers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8&fmt=22
(I don't hate FF. Well FF7 was the only one I liked was FF7. Only cause it was the first FF to have a black main character :D... They gave him a gun for a hand.)
RE: Games in 2010 by Chancer on 01-02-2010 at 02:04 AM

Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Duke Nukem Forever

RE: Games in 2010 by Justin on 01-02-2010 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer

Duke Nukem Forever

Didn't that get cancelled?
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-02-2010 at 02:15 AM

I haven't even completed Half-Life Episode 2, maybe this will give me the nudge that I need. I hope I can run Episode 3 on my laptop, it's not got the best specs, but it runs CS:Source and HL2 well.

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 02:28 AM

quote:
quote:

Duke Nukem Forever

Yes they did. A million times. They keep teasing us >.<
RE: Games in 2010 by prashker on 01-02-2010 at 02:48 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Duke Nukem Forever

Yes they did. A million times. They keep teasing us >.<
I keep praying. I will play it one day.
RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 02:54 AM

Mine are

- Bioshock 2
- Half-life 2: episode 3 (ffs hurry up with this)
- Ghost Recon 4
- Dead Space 2
- COD: Vietnam
- Napoleon: Total war 
- Assassins creed 2 for pc
- Battlefield BC2
- MoH

RE: Games in 2010 by Chancer on 01-02-2010 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Yes, and uncancelled, then cancelled again, and this loop repeated some times...
The status now is unclear.

quote:
I haven't even completed Half-Life Episode 2, maybe this will give me the nudge that I need. I hope I can run Episode 3 on my laptop, it's not got the best specs, but it runs CS:Source and HL2 well.
Then play it. It's awesome.
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 03:12 AM

quote:
quote:
Yes, and uncancelled, then cancelled again, and this loop repeated some times...
The status now is unclear.

quote:
Then play it. It's awesome.

I have played through all 3 of them like 500000000000000 times.
RE: Games in 2010 by Chancer on 01-02-2010 at 03:45 AM

I completed the HL2 series at least 2 times.
This year I wanted to play since HL1, but when I made it to Xen I didn't remember what to do, and I didn't have much time to play, so I stopped.
I wanted to buy HL: Source, which was 2,5 dollars yesterday, but I missed the sale :(

RE: Games in 2010 by Eddie on 01-02-2010 at 04:15 AM

- Final Fantasy XIII
- Metal Gear Solid

Just got my PS3 for the first and last on those 3, but I have enough games at the moment to keep me entertained for a while anyway.

RE: Games in 2010 by kezz on 01-02-2010 at 05:59 AM

Are there any engine changes/extras for HL2:E3, or is it just continuing the storyline? I haven't played 1 or 2 yet so I should probably get those before I get excited about ep3.

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
Are there any engine changes/extras for HL2:E3, or is it just continuing the storyline? I haven't played 1 or 2 yet so I should probably get those before I get excited about ep3.

No one knows, Valve haven't released any info about it or even talked about it. They have only told everyone that ep 3 will be the last episode in the hl2 story arc. Also it's rumored to be set in the arctic.

There will be engine changes etc, they change alot of things each time they release a new game. I think the game will support directx11
RE: Games in 2010 by John Anderton on 01-02-2010 at 06:39 AM

quote:

Same.
Well, I'm considering going to get AC2, Fifa 10 and Halo 3 ODST all for the 360 in the next couple of months. They should keep me busy for the next couple of months considering I hardly get any free time these days :)
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:

Same.
Well, I'm considering going to get AC2, Fifa 10 and Halo 3 ODST all for the 360 in the next couple of months. They should keep me busy for the next couple of months considering I hardly get any free time these days :)

EW xbox 360. Why buy a console when you can get a good pc that plays the games better then consoles?
RE: Games in 2010 by John Anderton on 01-02-2010 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
quote:

Same.

EW xbox 360. Why buy a console when you can get a good pc that plays the games better then consoles?
Do you really want to get into that discussion again?
I'll keep my reasons short. I don't want to start the whole PC vs console fight again..
a) I don't have time to play games as much any more
b) The little time I do have, I want to spend in playing, not thinking about what specs I can run my machine on
c) I'd rather not upgrade my rig every year since it does a bang up job at what I want it to do (Home Theater machine and programming).
d) I like the XBox controller (I know I can get one for the PC but meh :))

I do know about the whole quality issue but I couldn't care less about how good the game looks. The quality output of my xbox (which is 1080p btw) on my 1080p monitor looks great to me. I love it. That's all that matters (for me).
Also, my current graphics card can't run games that well on my primary monitor (1080p) but does so fine/at lower resolutions for my old monitor (1280x1024). I really cba to upgrade considering it serves it's main purpose as mentioned above. :happy:
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 07:01 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same.

Do you really want to get into that discussion again?
I'll keep my reasons short. I don't want to start the whole PC vs console fight again..
a) I don't have time to play games as much any more
b) The little time I do have, I want to spend in playing, not thinking about what specs I can run my machine on
c) I'd rather not upgrade my rig every year since it does a bang up job at what I want it to do (Home Theater machine and programming).
d) I like the XBox controller (I know I can get one for the PC but meh :))

I do know about the whole quality issue but I couldn't care less about how good the game looks. The quality output of my xbox (which is 1080p btw) on my 1080p monitor looks great to me. I love it. That's all that matters (for me).
Also, my current graphics card can't run games that well on my primary monitor (1080p) but does so fine/at lower resolutions for my old monitor (1280x1024). I really cba to upgrade considering it serves it's main purpose as mentioned above. :happy:

Hmmm, i suppose your reasons are good but your ones about upgrading every year is invalid. At most you would need to upgrade your comp every 4 years which most people do already. If you do get a good computer straight up, you won't have to worry about specs or anything if you get a new game.

Plus really good computers parts are cheap these days.......... well i don't know about India :P
RE: Games in 2010 by NanaFreak on 01-02-2010 at 08:23 AM

my comp that i got for 1.1k AU last christmas is still playing games quite well now... like i run cod6 max (well not aa because who cares about that at 1080p?) and a few other recently released games at max or very high...

but anyways... back tot he topic...

I really dont know of any games that are coming out that interest me this year... cod6 is doing what i need for now and then i can always go back to cs: s when i get bored of it...

discrate should know of any games that would interest me... tell me discrate!

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
my comp that i got for 1.1k AU last christmas is still playing games quite well now... like i run cod6 max (well not aa because who cares about that at 1080p?) and a few other recently released games at max or very high...

but anyways... back tot he topic...

I really dont know of any games that are coming out that interest me this year... cod6 is doing what i need for now and then i can always go back to cs: s when i get bored of it...

discrate should know of any games that would interest me... tell me discrate!

Look at my list of games i'm looking forward to in my other post :P You would like them
RE: Games in 2010 by John Anderton on 01-02-2010 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Plus really good computers parts are cheap these days.......... well i don't know about India :P
Parts are cheap here but I really CBA investing in a good graphics card which is an investment I'd have to do again in 2 years if I wish to play games consistently at high qualities.

Taking that into consideration and the amount of time I actually spend on playing games, it's cheaper for me to play on a console :)
Plus, the 360 means I get to play game series' like Halo and Gears of War (did the second one come out for PC?). For PS3 users, you have God of War ;)
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 09:09 AM

quote:
quote:
Parts are cheap here but I really CBA investing in a good graphics card which is an investment I'd have to do again in 2 years if I wish to play games consistently at high qualities.

Taking that into consideration and the amount of time I actually spend on playing games, it's cheaper for me to play on a console :)
Plus, the 360 means I get to play game series' like Halo and Gears of War (did the second one come out for PC?). For PS3 users, you have God of War ;)

I have an xbox 360, i don't use it because games are too expensive, 100 dollars a pop. Then to play multiplayer with people you need to purchase xbox live gold. so the xbox 360 certainly has it's down sides.
RE: Games in 2010 by John Anderton on 01-02-2010 at 09:24 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I have an xbox 360, i don't use it because games are too expensive, 100 dollars a pop. Then to play multiplayer with people you need to purchase xbox live gold. so the xbox 360 certainly has it's down sides.
True. I never said it was perfect. I like it though.
One game I truly love playing on the 360 is EA's Fifa. The 360 version is next-gen while the PC version still uses an older engine, as it has for so many years. :happy:
RE: Games in 2010 by Volv on 01-02-2010 at 11:43 AM

Darksiders and Mass Effect 2 (both Jan releases).

RE: Games in 2010 by Vilkku on 01-02-2010 at 12:08 PM

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

RE: Games in 2010 by djdannyp on 01-02-2010 at 12:18 PM

Massively looking forward to Splinter Cell: Conviction, just disappointed that it's not gonna be on PS3, so it'll have to be a PC version.

Also I Am Alive and GT5.

Got DJ Hero & Band Hero for Xmas too so those kinda count too as I'll be playing them lots this year

RE: Games in 2010 by vaccination on 01-02-2010 at 12:56 PM

Bioshock 2, but I'm worried that'll be a flop. Probably pick up Mass Effect 2 as well.

RE: Games in 2010 by Phillip on 01-02-2010 at 01:06 PM

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3

Anyone..?

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Bioshock 2, but I'm worried that'll be a flop. Probably pick up Mass Effect 2 as well.

Never played Mass Effect i donno if it's worth my time downloading, what would you rate it out of 10?
RE: Games in 2010 by stoshrocket on 01-02-2010 at 01:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Never played Mass Effect i donno if it's worth my time downloading, what would you rate it out of 10?
Just picked it up the classic version for dirt cheap, easily 8-9/10

I watched the final fantasy XIII trailer a few weeks back and enedud up reliving my childhood by listening to music from the FF series instead of sleeping...

Halo: Reach? I'm not sure what to make of it, I've got Halo ODST with the beta access to Reach so I'll make my judgements when the multiplayer beta is released.
RE: Games in 2010 by Eljay on 01-02-2010 at 03:18 PM

quote:

Not at all, the Lego series is great fun :P

FFXIII is looking great but I haven't liked any of them since Enix invaded Squaresoft and made all their games shit :(

Also a couple of games nobody has mentioned yet, Alan Wake and Max Payne 3.
RE: Games in 2010 by NanaFreak on 01-02-2010 at 03:24 PM

thanks for reminding me phillip and djdannyp...

Diablo III
GT5

im gonna try and buy a ps3 just for that game! it will be the best racing game of all time *drool*

also i may like cod vietnam... but maybe not if it doesnt have dedis/etc

RE: Games in 2010 by Curtis on 01-02-2010 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3

Anyone..?

Knowing Blizzard neither of those will come out this year.

But really those are the only two games that I find appealing lately.
RE: Games in 2010 by RaPLeX on 01-02-2010 at 04:24 PM

Starcraft 2 (i hope..)

RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-02-2010 at 07:25 PM

International Ragnarok Online II (or a open beta of it)

RE: Games in 2010 by Phillip on 01-02-2010 at 11:13 PM

Starcraft 2
AvP3
MoH
Battlefield BC2
Assassins Creed 2 for PC

Probably some I missed.

quote:
This year I wanted to play since HL1, but when I made it to Xen I didn't remember what to do, and I didn't have much time to play, so I stopped.
I wanted to buy HL: Source, which was 2,5 dollars yesterday, but I missed the sale :(
http://www.blackmesasource.com/
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-02-2010 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Starcraft 2
AvP3
MoH
Battlefield BC2
Assassins Creed 2 for PC

Probably some I missed.
quote:
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

:O i forgot about MoH and Battlefield BC2! I want them too :P

oh and black mesa source :P

quote:

also i may like cod vietnam... but maybe not if it doesnt have dedis/etc

Well it's being made by Treyarch so there is hope :P
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-03-2010 at 01:03 AM

Are Treyarch the guys who did Minority Report?

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Toxn on 01-03-2010 at 01:08 AM

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treyarch
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-03-2010 at 01:10 AM

quote:
quote:

Ah I see. They don't appear to have any good games :(. World at War was just okay, the same with Spiderman and Minority Report. The same will probably be said for Vietnam.

Infinity Ward have Call of Duty down to a T.
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-03-2010 at 01:13 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah I see. They don't appear to have any good games :(. World at War was just okay, the same with Spiderman and Minority Report. The same will probably be said for Vietnam.

Infinity Ward have Call of Duty down to a T.

Infinity ward and Treyarch take in turns of making the cod games. All treyarch cods have been ok i suppose, none have been great like modern warfare
RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-03-2010 at 01:30 AM

I supposed it did give Infinity Ward time to work on both Modern Warfares, both of which were incredible games. That being said, surely Treyarch had that time... They must've just been sat on their hands.

Either way, I'll end up with a copy of CoD: Vietnam. I just think World at War was set in a similar place so it'll be a bit ... meh. Still, I don't know, it may turn out to be the best game ever created.

I was happy when Call of Duty 1 came out, let alone Modern Warfare 2. It revolutionised the World War 2 game... It was waaaay different to Medal of Honour, but so much better.

RE: Games in 2010 by Phillip on 01-03-2010 at 01:48 AM

They completely fucked up Call of Duty with Modern Warfare 2. Single player wasn't too bad considering but multiplayer is kind of shit. You don't even have to aim with this game, just move the mouse to where you think the enemy is and fire and MW2 will do the rest. The perks are rather annoying. It's kinda shit having someone run around the game knifing everyone just because they can, it's even worse when they are the host. The game feels just like one of those games you would play at an arcade and you can definitely tell this is a console port. Having said that, it is a nice break from games that actually require any kind of thought and skill to play. It's pretty too. I never gave MW1 a chance but I think I might now.

RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-03-2010 at 01:50 AM

MW1 multiplayer is fun. I'll have to go steal a mw2 multiplayer and see how it is.

RE: RE: Games in 2010 by user27089 on 01-03-2010 at 01:58 AM

You said this earlier on in the thread and it confused me. I'm not saying you're wrong because I haven't played the PC version but with the Xbox 360 version you really have to get your aim right. If you're just a few millimetres out you miss the target completely.

I admit there are a few annoying things about the multiplayer but I've been playing it for nearly 3 days in total now (about to prestige, woo!) and it's just getting more and more fun.

Once you get over the fact that some people are irritating, it's a good game. Fortunately for the 360, most people are getting good enough now to destroy any annoying enemies. Besides, it's all in good spirit and just about having fun.

You're one hundred per cent right about it being a console game. Modern Warfare 2 is something I would never play on a PC because everything about it is meant for and developed for console gaming. Unfortunate for PC gamers, fortunate for us console veterans :D.

Edit: You should definitely give Modern Warfare 1 a go! It's amazing. You should also complete both of the games on Veteran... It's makes the game more fun and challenging.

RE: Games in 2010 by Phillip on 01-03-2010 at 02:13 AM

quote:
You should definitely give Modern Warfare 1 a go! It's amazing. You should also complete both of the games on Veteran... It's makes the game more fun and challenging.
Done. Was talking about multiplayer :happy:.

The game definitely aims for you, I assume this is to make it easier to aim for you console players though it is not needed on the PC, the mouse is accurate enough.

RE: Games in 2010 by NanaFreak on 01-03-2010 at 02:36 AM

quote:
The game definitely aims for you, I assume this is to make it easier to aim for you console players though it is not needed on the PC, the mouse is accurate enough.
yea i found that straight away i was getting headshots and longshots... i was even getting most long shots when there were multiple snipers in the game and i was using the scar-h

i dont know why developers are making console games then porting them to PC... if you remember... PC made the call of duty series, so thats where it should stay, then get ported to console... this is the same thing that happened with Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, it was a flat out xbox port... and was barely playable on PC because of this
RE: Games in 2010 by Phillip on 01-03-2010 at 02:43 AM

quote:
i dont know why developers are making console games then porting them to PC
I would say this is why.

* Phillip looks at Discrate :dodgy:
RE: RE: Games in 2010 by Discrate on 01-03-2010 at 02:50 AM

quote:
quote:
i dont know why developers are making console games then porting them to PC
I would say this is why.

* Phillip looks at Discrate :dodgy:

It's true. On torrent damage it has been downloaded 3,000 times. I download most games and only buy them if they are good. I refuse to pay money to play a game and then when i get it, it's extremely shit.

I am tired of these games companies spam that have an alright singleplayer, it lasts for 4 hours and has a shit to non existant mutltiplayer and they expect you to pay 100 dollars for it rofl. The only games i really buy are Valve games because i know im not getting crap, i know the games are going to be supported with free DLC and i know the games will be repayable and will have a great multiplayer.
RE: Games in 2010 by NanaFreak on 01-03-2010 at 03:03 AM

if games were made better for the pc there would be much less piracy... i only got MW2 because my friend bought it for me... otherwise i would still be using a pirated copy... mainly becuase IWnet is the worst invention ever and dedicated servers are a must for any PC multiplayer game, this is where dragon rising also fucked up

and they cant say that it is because of piracy... it has been around for a long time now.

most pirates are exactly like discrate, if the game is good they will buy it. it is like playing a demo but its the actual game and no bullshit.

and yea discrate has it right about Valve, they know what PC gamers want, and they give it to us... there are pirated copies of CS/HL/TF/etc but not as much as games like dragon rising and mw2 because they are good games.

[/semi-rant]