Shoutbox

Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! (/showthread.php?tid=93515)

Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by Mika56 on 01-12-2010 at 06:16 PM

Hi,

I'm doing a script that call a PHP script, that generate an image.

The main problem is that the Messenger.MyPersonalMessage is always empty, except when calling from OnEvent_MyPsmChange.
What's the wrong ?

Here is the code :

code:
function OnEvent_Timer(TimerId)
{
    if(TimerId == 1)
    {
        MsgPlus.DownloadFile(msnLocation+'?pm='+Messenger.MyPersonalMessage);
        MsgPlus.AddTimer(1, 10000);
        Debug.Trace("Nouveau statut ("+ Messenger.MyPersonalMessage +")");
    }       
}

The Psm receveid by PHP is empty, and the console says "Nouveau statut ()".

Any idea ?

Mika.

Ps : I'm french, do NOT look at conjugation and grammar :p
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by Patchou on 01-13-2010 at 05:41 AM

When you say the PSM is empty when the timer is called, are you sure it happens while you're signed-in?

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by NanaFreak on 01-13-2010 at 05:57 AM

I have also been having this issue...

mine gets the Messenger.MyPersonalStatus when i open a window from the script menu... so I am logged in...

it seems like the personal status isnt updated until it is set while logged in, because if i change it from the main menu then open the window again it works...

hope this helps patchou (if you need more information, you can add me on wlm 8-))

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by Mika56 on 01-13-2010 at 10:49 AM

I,

I've found an issue, it is really dirty code, but insert

code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = Messenger.MyPersonalMessage;
before using this var, and it will works...

Mika.
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by Spunky on 01-13-2010 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mika56
I,

I've found an issue, it is really dirty code, but insert
code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = Messenger.MyPersonalMessage;
before using this var, and it will works...

Mika.

I don't see how it works if Messenger.MyPersonalMessage returns an empty string as you are simple setting it back to an empty string...
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 01-13-2010 at 01:55 PM

Cyril have a look at this thread. The creator and a few users were having the same issue.

Scripting Error

And get the latest PLSC from this post: matty's reply to Scripting Error

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by ArkaneArkade on 01-13-2010 at 03:01 PM

Not meaning to steal the thread, but I've often had this problem with Messenger.MyCurrentMedia instead of Messenger.MyPersonalMessage.  This seems to happen most times, but another script I have doesn't have the same issue, while running at the same time.

When debugging, OnEvent_MyMediaChange will toggle, but leaves nothing, as described in the OPs post.  The other script on the other hand does get the correct Media.

- Also as a note to that, both scripts were derived from each other, but the name of the one that works is XBMC, and the non-working is X360, so I don't think the issue is caused by script ordering (unless Plus! orders numericals after alphabeticals).

Don't know if it really is the same problem, but just in case that may help anyone with knowledge to diagnose the problems, and hopefully not hinder.

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 02:13 PM

An optimal solution is to save the PSM (on Registry) when disconnecting Windows Live Messenger, and reloading it when Messenger starts or user signs in.

(N) But it doesn't work if the user don't change the Psm in the previous session, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
When you say the PSM is empty when the timer is called, are you sure it happens while you're signed-in?

It happens when you sign in and you don't change the actual Psm.

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 03:00 PM

Out of curiosity are you guys signing into WLM from a different location and changing the PSM there? If so I am wondering if it is something to do with the DP/PSM synching in WLM then...

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Out of curiosity are you guys signing into WLM from a different location and changing the PSM there? If so I am wondering if it is something to do with the DP/PSM synching in WLM then...

I'm always signing into WLM from the same location... if I create the simple script:

code:
function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart)
{
Debug.Trace(Messenger.MyPersonalMessage);
}

it returns an empty string (without changing Psm before)...
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 06:33 PM

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_Initialize() {
    if (Messenger.MyStatus < STATUS_INVISIBLE) return false;
}

function OnEvent_SigninReady() {
    OnEvent_Initialize();
}

Try that
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billyy
I used it in my script, I tend to use it a lot to show friends wIu2.
But unfortunately it doesn't work there either so i can NOT save my PM before changing it D:
What?!? Check your PMs.
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Javascript code:
}

OnEvent_Initialize();
}

Try that

It doesn't work...

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 08:04 PM

So let me get this straight. You have a personal message set. You sign off and back on and if you use the above code a blank string is debugged? Then after you change the personal message it is available?

Javascript code:
    Debug.Trace('typeof : '+typeof Messenger.MyPersonalMessage);
}

OnEvent_Initialize();
}

Out of curiosity. Try the above.
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 08:30 PM

quote:
So let me get this straight. You have a personal message set. You sign off and back on and if you use the above code a blank string is debugged? Then after you change the personal message it is available?

(omissis)

Out of curiosity. Try the above.

Yes, if I sign in, it debugs a blank string! I solved this bug only if I  save in system Registry and in Psm a blank string when the script is installed... Then the script replaces the Registry key everytime the Psm is changed and uses this key to obtain the Psm.
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 08:38 PM

That wasn't what I was wanting to see. I wanted to see what the typeof is for Messenger.MyPersonalMessage.

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 09:02 PM

quote:
That wasn't what I was wanting to see. I wanted to see what the typeof is for Messenger.MyPersonalMessage.

It is 'string'.. What other??
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
quote:

I wanted to see if it was undefined. So it is a bug in the engine it looks like.
RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-23-2010 at 09:37 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
quote:

I wanted to see if it was undefined. So it is a bug in the engine it looks like.

(Y)

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by matty on 02-23-2010 at 11:25 PM

I have sent an email to Yuna Software regarding the issue. I will post when I get an update.

Edit, received a reply. It is being investigated.

RE: Messenger.MyPersonalMessage empty ?! by AngelDevil on 02-24-2010 at 11:29 AM

quote:
I have sent an email to Yuna Software regarding the issue. I will post when I get an update.

Edit, received a reply. It is being investigated.

Perfect...