Shoutbox

Using MPOP information in scripts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Using MPOP information in scripts (/showthread.php?tid=93525)

Using MPOP information in scripts by bigsock on 01-13-2010 at 03:26 PM

Is it possible to use MPOP (Multiple Points Of Presence) information in scripts?
I searched this forum and the documentation, but I can't find any information on this. It looks like Messenger Plus Live does not supply this information to scripts.

Is there any other way to get this information from WLM?

RE: Using MPOP information in scripts by CookieRevised on 01-15-2010 at 10:14 AM

Not that I know of.

As you correctly found out, Messenger Plus! does not supply any information regarding that.

What exact information do you need? Because some things can be grabbed from the registry, like the place name of the current open Messenger (binary key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\MachineName), or any other value/state of the MPOP options for that matter.

RE: Using MPOP information in scripts by bigsock on 01-15-2010 at 10:56 AM

Thanks for your reply.
I want my script to know how many client are logged in for the current user (or less specific: is this the only client). I don't think this information is stored in the registry.

Is there maybe a way to get this information directly from WLM (probably now with a script, but maybe with an external application or dll file)?

RE: Using MPOP information in scripts by CookieRevised on 01-15-2010 at 11:08 AM

It probably must be possible in some way, but I have never investigate it, so I dunno. Maybe someone else knows or have the time to look into it.

Note: it might be as easy as reading some specific Windows object (aka can be done from within a script using the proper APIs), but it might also involve advanced hacking/slashing using external DLLs.

RE: Using MPOP information in scripts by Spunky on 01-15-2010 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
using external DLLs.

I've got a feeling the information would be sent in the protocol somehow, although we need a better way of sniffing than with xniff due to the problems you described previously
RE: Using MPOP information in scripts by bigsock on 01-17-2010 at 01:47 PM

I've looked into it and it does get send in the protocol.
I wasn't aware of xniff but it doesn't seem like a solid solution for my problem, mainly because its not polygamy aware and a few other problems.

Thanks for your help anyway so far.