Shoutbox

being blocked - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: being blocked (/showthread.php?tid=93536)

being blocked by happychick on 01-14-2010 at 11:05 PM

im new to all this i think ive been blocked by someone but dont know im still in his  added contact list as he is in mine but hes always off line .if i message him it comes back to me with a little symbol next to it want does this mean

RE: being blocked by djdannyp on 01-14-2010 at 11:22 PM

That means that the message was unable to be delivered.

It doesn't necessarily mean that he's blocked you, just that the offline messages arne't being delivered successfully.

The only way to find out if you've been blocked is to just ask him.

Messages that are longer than Messenger's default limit (as can be increased with Messenger Plus! Live) cannot be delivered offline and must be broken up into smaller messages

RE: being blocked by happychick on 01-14-2010 at 11:28 PM

i cant i pissed him off i just wondered if thats what it meant as he used to be on line loads now hes not ,but i would of thought and i could be wrong id be out of his contact list as well

RE: being blocked by Chris4 on 01-14-2010 at 11:32 PM

No, when you block a person, you don't have to delete them too.

If they've blocked you, there's nothing you can do.

Also be aware that 'Block Checkers' claiming to tell you if someone's blocked you do NOT work.

RE: being blocked by happychick on 01-14-2010 at 11:34 PM

oh ok i think im blocked then but thanks for your time

RE: being blocked by Butcher_ss on 01-17-2010 at 04:50 AM

Do you have any contacts in common? If yes you could ask them if they have recently seen that person coming online when you were around. If they did see him coming online while you couldn't then it's very likely you have been blocked.