Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 (/showthread.php?tid=93571)

Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-17-2010 at 11:09 PM

I donno wer i have to write dis but ill jst do it here....i bought my dell inspiron a week ago wid [/u]windows 7 built-in
i tried downloading windows live messenger 2009 bt wen it reaches 94% i get dis failure message dat says: Microsoft application error reporting cannot be downloaded....so i tried downloading it seperately bt i coudnt cz wen i start the downlaod i get : windows live cannot connect to server dis may occur cz installer not installed properly....so installed it like 5 tyms bt i got da same problem
so i said maybe i should download da older version den upgrade to dis one bt still i get da same problem......am getting frustrated about dis and i tend to look for a way to download windows live messenger cz i relly need it
any help plz???
very important looking for ur reply ASAP
thank u(H)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by Chris4 on 01-17-2010 at 11:43 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Can you please tell the exact error message with correct spellings, as I'm unable to research the problem because I can't find anything using the wording and spelling you've used. Also, an error code would be helpful.

I'd recommend searching the internet for the error message or code, as many problems like this have been posted all across the internet, most of which have solutions. However, I don't mind looking for you.

Chris

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by djdannyp on 01-17-2010 at 11:49 PM

Try using the Windows Update feature of the operating system and downloading all available updates.  This is not only good practice for managing your system, but will also ensure that you have all the prerequisites needed for installing Windows Live Messenger.

As part of these updates you will be offered 'Windows Live Essentials' which encompasses Windows Live Messenger.

Also, please take note of the forum rules, most specifically: "Messages should be typed and formatted in a way that others can read and understand. Usage of ALL CAPITALS, aLtErNaTe capitalization, poor spelling/grammar, and ugly fonts is discouraged".  Thanks

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-18-2010 at 12:14 AM

@djdanny i do have windows live essentials bt i think the fault is from there server....
now its something with the microsoft application error reporting dat cannot be downloaded
i checked how to solve dat but i only used to get da windows xp or the vista i got nothing for windows 7

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 11:01 AM

This is Exactly what i get when i download it.....check the attachment

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 11:03 AM

and this is the error cide:-
hr:0x80070641

thank you for your future help

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by djdannyp on 01-19-2010 at 12:24 PM

Your Windows Installer might not be working properly.

Try downloading it from here and installing it and then try running Windows Live Essentails setup again

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 03:55 PM

Which one do u think is applicable with my OS....Windows 7
any suggestions please??
am really thankful
i feel dis thing is gonna be solved

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by djdannyp on 01-19-2010 at 05:59 PM

Most likely this one:

Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 07:12 PM

it is not applicable....i get the message "the update is not applicable with your computer"
Uff i downloaded all of them and i get the same thing
uff am getting all frustrated about it
what shall i do??

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by Chris4 on 01-19-2010 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Apparently there's a bug in Microsoft's Customer Experience Improvement Program that's causing msiexec to crash.

It can be fixed by turning off Customer Experience Improvement Program or by editing the registry.

Turning off CEIP:
http://chris123nt.com/2009/01/18/sqm-client-causi...hing-in-windows-7/

regedit:
navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
rename MachineThrottling to _MachineThrottling

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/...5d0ee850ec/#page:3

Source: [Windows 7] Windows Installer has stopped working
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 07:40 PM

the link for turning off CEIP is not found.....and can u please tell me in details what could be the  problem??
So what are u suggedting i fo have office 2007 u think dis may caused dis?
I Cant get dis more details plzz

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by Chris4 on 01-19-2010 at 10:26 PM

1. Start > Type Command Prompt > Right click > Run as administrator
2. Type reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f and press enter.
3. That’s it, no further action is necessary

Google Cache: SQM Client Causing Crashing in Windows 7

It's what was suggested when I researched on Google about problems with Windows Installer on Windows 7. I don't know if it will fix the problem or not.

It's advised you backup the registry before and modify it at your own risk.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-19-2010 at 11:53 PM

ok...i dd that and i got that operation successful then what am i supposed to do?

Am really ThankFul to you Chris you been helping me alot....but if u wod bak me up for a lil while
so what shall i do now?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by Chris4 on 01-20-2010 at 01:50 AM

If that worked then try downloading WLM again and installing.

If that doesn't work, try this:

quote:
Go to Start > type in services.msc > press enter. The Services window will open, scroll down to Windows Installer and double click on it. The Properties window will open, on the drop down menu (Start up type) select 'automatic' > OK and close windows. Reboot PC and hopefully it will work for you. Keep us posted.

Source: hr:0x80070641 Error

After that I'm out of ideas. Try Googling the error codes.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-20-2010 at 01:29 PM

.....am still having the same problem
i dd google the codes but i ddnt get anything useful
do u think MS office 2007 or photoshop CS4 have anything to do with this??

anywayz thank you for your help

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by MrZoozi on 01-21-2010 at 01:05 PM

THIS IS REALLY GETTING MY NERVES....
What shall i DO?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows 7 by davidpolitis on 01-21-2010 at 10:30 PM

You can try downloading and the installing the MSI files individually since it told you Error Reporting couldn't be downloaded.

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
Windows Live Messenger
Version 2009: 14.0.8089.726
Download installer – Messenger.msi
You will also need to install: Microsoft Application Error Reporting (32-bit) or Microsoft Application Error Reporting (64-bit), Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime, Windows Live Communications Platform, Segoe UI Font (not necessary on Windows Vista or Windows 7)

Optional secondary components:
- Windows Live Call
- Windows Live Sign-in Assistant