Shoutbox

Question about events notification - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Question about events notification (/showthread.php?tid=93621)

Question about events notification by sabbath on 01-21-2010 at 05:45 AM

Hi,
It's not long since I started using the messenger plus and I need your help to understand something.
I 'd like to know if I choose the event notification for one of my contacts ,specifically "a one to one chat has been started" what happens.
Is it going to notify me that this contact started a chat with someone else?Is this absolutely sure and I can count on that to know if my contact is chating with another person or not?Also if I want can I do something not to show to others that I am chating whith someone else?
Thanks for help in advance

RE: Question about events notification by Thor on 01-21-2010 at 06:12 AM

As far as I am aware it will only alert you when that contact starts a conversation with you. It does not alert you when the user starts a chat with anyone else, as that's not possible for Plus!.

RE: Question about events notification by CookieRevised on 01-21-2010 at 08:50 AM

To be more exact it will only alert you the moment you receive a message from a contact and you don't have a chat window open yet with that contact.

So this is different than some people might interpret "started a new conversation". Aka: it does not alert when a new conversation window is started, it does not alert when the contacts starts to type a message; it only alerts when the message is recieved by you.

;)