Shoutbox

Functionality - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Functionality (/showthread.php?tid=93625)

Functionality by Onizuka on 01-21-2010 at 04:41 PM

Hi,
is it possible to create a script that allows to detect contact client type (i.e. Msn Messenger, Adium, aMsn....)

Thanks

RE: Functionality by matty on 01-21-2010 at 04:48 PM

No it isn't possible.

RE: Functionality by Dempsey on 01-21-2010 at 06:25 PM

They don't actually tell the server that they are actually Adium, aMSN etc, they all pretend to be official clients

RE: RE: Functionality by Onizuka on 01-21-2010 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
They don't actually tell the server that they are actually Adium, aMSN etc, they all pretend to be official clients

Are you sure?? When i chat with one of my contact that use adium the animoticon, games and other buttons are disabled. How is it possible if all of them pretend to be official clients?
RE: Functionality by matty on 01-21-2010 at 06:55 PM

The protocol only informs the client that the version your contact is using doesn't support those features. There is no way for a script to determine this.

Well you could determine if the contact doesn't support the features but not which client they are using.

RE: Functionality by Dempsey on 01-21-2010 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Onizuka
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey

Are you sure?? When i chat with one of my contact that use adium the animoticon, games and other buttons are disabled. How is it possible if all of them pretend to be official clients?
As well as quoting an actual Messenger version number, when connecting they also specify which features they do and don't support and WLM enables and disabled the buttons according to this.

RE: RE: Functionality by Onizuka on 01-21-2010 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
The protocol only informs the client that the version your contact is using doesn't support those features. There is no way for a script to determine this.

Well you could determine if the contact doesn't support the features but not which client they are using.

thank for your explanation... can you tell me which function or attribute I can use to determine the supported features?
RE: Functionality by matty on 01-21-2010 at 07:20 PM

It hasn't been used by anyone however it is Active Accessibility