Shoutbox

Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete (/showthread.php?tid=93631)

Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete by lightpsycho on 01-22-2010 at 03:45 AM

Hi,

This problem started when I downloaded the latest version of Messenger Plus! 4.83.0.376.  What happens basically is that whenever someone uses a personalized status and sends me an SMS via messenger, I can't see the whole message.  This has nothing to do with my carrier or my device itself (iPhone 3G s), because this just started  after I updated Plus!.  I do have a theory as to why this is happening though.  When there is no personalized status, only the sender's email is showing.  But whenever a personal status is chosen, it is partially shown (but truncated) in the SMS, thus most likely reducing the amount of available charaters...sometimes the whole message is even completely absent, for some odd reason...?!

Please help, I didn't have this issue before!  It would be better if personalized statuses wouldn't show when sending to mobile...if that's possible at all...

RE: Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete by MeEtc on 01-22-2010 at 03:51 AM

Using a personalized status adds characters to the end of a person's display name. Its possible that the iPhone app has a per-message character length that includes the length of the contact's name.

Its not possible to not show a personalized status to just one person or group of people, because all it does is modify your name. And you can't have a different name to show to different people.