Shoutbox

Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) (/showthread.php?tid=93683)

Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by prashker on 01-28-2010 at 12:37 AM

Sorry for the big image.

Basically the logging is intentionally missing some lines (and this is the first time I tried taking screenshots).

This happened earlier and a few days ago.

I am not sure how to reproduce.

[Image: MissingLog.png]

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7600)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
Messenger Plus! Live 4.83.0.376
Skin: fuse 1.0.2

[Image: loggingOptions_6105.png]

Here is my logging options if they are needed.

RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by pollolibredegrasa on 01-28-2010 at 12:59 AM

I've noticed this before too.

According to Patchou in this old thread it was a bug in an older version of WLM causing it. It seems that bug might still be there, in which case it's time he added that "loosy fix" :P

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
yep, I'm aware of this problem and I was able to successfully debug it: unfortuantely, that's a bug in Messenger itself sometimes delaying the creation of the IMWindow object. I'm waiting to see if it will be fixed in Messenger 9 before I attempt some loosy fix.

RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by prashker on 01-28-2010 at 02:03 AM

Bring on the loosy fix :cheesy:

RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by Chrono on 01-28-2010 at 03:10 AM

i remember telling patchou about this and i think he told me it was a limitation (years ago :P). it usually happens with the first message.

RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by prashker on 02-01-2010 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
i remember telling patchou about this and i think he told me it was a limitation (years ago :P). it usually happens with the first message.
:zippy: Was that before or after the "loose" fix was suggested as a possible solution? :p
RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by Patchou on 02-04-2010 at 11:39 PM

Sam: does that happen with the first message of the chat? it's something I've always tried to fix but is too random to fix successfully. This bug will probably follow me to my grave.

RE: Logging is missing lines (recurring, this is not the first time) by prashker on 02-05-2010 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Sam: does that happen with the first message of the chat? it's something I've always tried to fix but is too random to fix successfully. This bug will probably follow me to my grave.
Deleted a picture off my Dropbox accidentally, first post has screenshot of it being the first message. (refresh)