Shoutbox

different status for different contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: different status for different contact list (/showthread.php?tid=93717)

different status for different contact list by solidphantom on 01-31-2010 at 12:36 PM

i have added my friend using 2 my hotmail id but... how come he could make himself away for one of my hotmail and available for another ID of mine? anyone knows how??? thanks for sharing

RE: different status for different contact list by djdannyp on 01-31-2010 at 01:14 PM

What you're describing isn't possible.  You can only appear as one status to all contacts, it isn't possible to appear as different statuses for different contacts.

What you saw with your friend might just be one of your instances of Messenger lagging with its updating and not showing you "live" data.

RE: different status for different contact list by solidphantom on 01-31-2010 at 03:18 PM

ok then..may be it is not possible with msn or wml. any other programme that allows that for hotmail users?

RE: RE: different status for different contact list by Shiny Rabbit on 01-31-2010 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
What you're describing isn't possible.  You can only appear as one status to all contacts, it isn't possible to appear as different statuses for different contacts.

with or without any programs or extensions
RE: different status for different contact list by Spunky on 01-31-2010 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by solidphantom
any other programme that allows that for hotmail users?

All programs that allow access to the MSN servers update the status of the user by sending it directly to the server its self. It is the server then that updates your friend's contact lists to show you as the relevant status. This means all contacts should see the same status at the same time (barring any connection problems as already stated by djdannyp)

RE: different status for different contact list by Frottman on 02-03-2010 at 08:55 AM

quote:
i have added my friend using 2 my hotmail id but... how come he could make himself away for one of my hotmail and available for another ID of mine? anyone knows how??? thanks for sharing

it simply looks like he blocked one of your ids ...
RE: RE: different status for different contact list by kezz on 02-03-2010 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Frottman
quote:

it simply looks like he blocked one of your ids ...

That can't be the issue, as he would appear Offline if the ID was blocked.

It sounds like a connection lag, as djdannyp stated above.
RE: RE: RE: different status for different contact list by Frottman on 02-03-2010 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kezz

It sounds like a connection lag, as djdannyp stated above.

I misread, thought one of the ids was showing his friend as offline, my bad

I got a problem here with status as well : sometimes contacts appear incorrectly as offline. It solves if I log off and re-login, but it's kind of annoying.
anyone  knows where could that come from?
sorry if i m intruding, just didn t think it was worth a new thread.:chrongue:
thx