Shoutbox

Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums (/showthread.php?tid=93747)

Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 06:30 AM

ok i have recently reformated my computer. and installed msn live and plus but it does not integrate. now before you say have you read the forums search, faq etc etc .. yes i have and have tried everything i could restarting installing finding if i have smiley central. it does not work. i have the newest messenger and the plus that available. is their anything else i could try.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-03-2010 at 07:08 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Are you an administrator? If you're on a restricted account, it won't work.

What OS are you using? XP, Vista, 7?

Can you describe in more detail the steps you take when you install Messenger Plus! Live?

Just saying you simply "tried to install Plus!" doesn't tell us the possible things you could be doing wrong.

Ensure you download the latest versions of WLM and Plus!.

Please be more enthusiastic! You obviously haven't tried everything, otherwise it'd be working, wouldn't it? :wink:

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 07:12 AM

ok im running windows xp i installed msn like normal. from the main site and installed plus to it. after i install it. i start up msn and it doesnt ask for settings for plus or anything. i am a admin i have checked that. and i know i dont have anything installed that conflicts with it as i have checked the conflicting list

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-03-2010 at 07:44 AM

Problem #2 - Plus! not integrating, even when I don't have Smiley Central!

Maybe you've previously installed Smiley Central and the dll file is still sitting in Messenger's folder?

In Control Panel > Programs, select Messenger Plus! Live > Uninstall/Change > Repair Messenger, then try.

If that didn't work, uninstall Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live. Restart your computer. Download both and try again.

Problem #5 - I still can't install Plus! after trying everything!

Are you using any security programs, such as: anti-virus, firewall or internet security?

This could be preventing Plus! from writing to the registry.

You can try manually allowing WLM and Plus!, otherwise you may need to disable or uninstall it.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 07:50 AM

the virus program i have is kaspersky and i will try it when i have the chance. in like 20 min

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 09:00 AM

i have tried both problem solutions but none of them worked. i really dont know what else. any suggestions.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-03-2010 at 09:07 AM

You completely removed Kaspersky from your computer?

Another thing you can try is booting your computer in Safe Mode (with Networking).

This will run your computer with the bare minimum programs (ie. no conflicting)

Once in Safe Mode (with Networking), try running WLM and/or installing Plus!

Instructions here if you don't know how.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 09:12 AM

no i didnt i turned it off and i didnt know i had to run in safe mode.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-03-2010 at 09:17 AM

Sometimes disabling it isn't enough, as processes are still running and blocking access, so uninstalling it may be the only option. You can always reinstall it afterwards if you need to.

I suggested Safe Mode as something else you could try.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 09:19 AM

i just did safe mode and it didnt do anything i wish i knew why it waqs doing this.

whats the list of conflicting programs i can try looking to make sure none of them are on it.

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by djdannyp on 02-03-2010 at 09:28 AM

Here it is

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 09:38 AM

yeah sadly i checked them all i have none of them installed on my computer :/

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-03-2010 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by simba
i know i dont have anything installed that conflicts with it as i have checked the conflicting list
quote:
whats the list of conflicting programs i can try looking to make sure none of them are on it.

It's very hard to help you when you say you've tried doing something, then a couple hours later say you haven't.

You need to describe in more detail what you're doing, otherwise we can't help.

You haven't told us what exactly you tried doing in Safe Mode and/or whether or not you tried removing Kaspersky.
RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-03-2010 at 10:02 AM

ok i ran in safe mode but i never uninstalled plus b4 i did it. i uninstalled it in safe mode then tried installing it. no i did not remove kaspersky. im currently at work and firewall blocks installing so ill do it when i get home. i have uninstalled both plus and live and removed folders. i checked the the confilicting list but nothing was there that would conflict with it.

this is everything i did and in detail .

ok i uninstalled kaspersky uninstalled msn and plus removed folders and rebooted then tried installing msn and then plus. but still hasnt integrated to msn .
RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Lou on 02-04-2010 at 12:18 AM

Firstly, please try to at least write clear posts. It's very hard to follow what you're saying when you put periods in the middle of sentences and not at the end of others and never use any sort of capital letters. This would aid greatly when we try to understand what you're saying.

Secondly, at this point I am confused if you have tried to do this on your work computer or your computer at home. You've mentioned both and yet you never said you had the problem on both computers. You also mentioned a firewall, which could be the problem (for all we know, as we don't know much). Please state explicitly the steps you have taken in safe mode, when you tried normally, when you installed/uninstalled anything. You should also, at this point, post a screenshot of your Add/remove programs (Control Panel, if you're not sure). This would help in diagnosing your problem.

There's also a lovely thing called an edit button under each of your posts, and it is actually against the forum rules to post several posts in a row in such a short period of time. It is in your best interest to simply use the edit button. It makes it easier to read and glance over the thread.

Just a little additional hint as well, it's not "msn live" it's Windows Live messenger, or if you prefer, WLM for short. ;-)

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-04-2010 at 12:43 AM

Ok i apologize. This is on my laptop computer. I ran safe mode in networking but i forgot to uninstall plus before i did as well as WLM. So i uninstalled plus and reinstalled it. No i did not uninstall WLM i only uninstalled plus im not sure if that would matter. This had no effect so i rebooted back in normal. Then i proceeded to Remove my kaspersky and wlm and plus and remove folders. I then proceeded to reboot my computer. Then i installed msn with no kaspersky installd mind you and then i installed plus. But still no affect. I then reinstalled Kaspersky my antivirus software and rebooted it as it requires that. I have also checked conflicting software list and none of them are on my computer as i have just recently formated my computer so i know i have nothing on here but i checked it anyways. None of the programs conflict with it. Hope this explains it a bit more detail im sry for the confusion i have caused. Hope this is a bit better explanation

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-04-2010 at 05:19 AM

quote:
I have also checked conflicting software list and none of them are on my computer as i have just recently formated my computer so i know i have nothing on here but i checked it anyways. None of the programs conflict with it.
There may be conflicting programs we're not aware of, which is why Lou suggested taking screenshots of your Add/Remove Programs list, so we can take a look for you. You say you just formatted and there's no programs on your computer, yet you have Kaspersky, WLM, etc. So it'd be best to post a screenshot.
RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-04-2010 at 06:01 AM

Here are the images. I did my best in trying to get them clear. Sry if they are not in order.

[Image: program4.png][Image: program3.png][Image: program2.png][Image: program1r.png]

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by Chris4 on 02-04-2010 at 04:25 PM

So you've installed a fresh copy of WLM, then you install Plus! and it doesn't integrate at all? Even in Safe Mode?

No :plus4: button or Plus! option on the menu bar?

No alerts show from Kaskersky or other programs?

Tried Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Messenger Plus! Live > Repair Messenger?

I'm running out of ideas ...

RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums by simba on 02-04-2010 at 05:14 PM

Nope, no alerts from kaspersky i even put it on the ok list. I installed a fresh copy of Messenger Plus but did not install a fresh version of WLM in safe mode i guess i didnt know i needed to install a fresh version of WLM ill try that when i get home. My version of windows xp is a Iso version i got from a torrent site because i lost my cd. Not really sure this would be the reason it doesnt work. And w/e i install plus shouldnt a popup come up asking for the settings after you freshly installed and no there is no Plus sign on my WLM. I guess if it comes down ill reformat my computer again. And install it first b4 anything else.

*edit* ok i uninstalled WLM and went into safemode but it kept giving me an error when i triedto reinstall WLM saying it couldnt install it in safe mode. So i rebooted back in normal and installed WLM back on my computer. I might just reformatt my computer with the prober Disk. See if thats the issue cause im getting so confused.