Shoutbox

psm and what I'm listening to - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: psm and what I'm listening to (/showthread.php?tid=93764)

psm and what I'm listening to by SilentHit on 02-05-2010 at 01:20 PM

I'm little confuse about this because it's the new features
how to don't show my psm and what I'm listening to at the same time and see others psm and what I'm listening to at the same time??
Is there any scrips to do it or there is a setting for it?
thx :)

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by djdannyp on 02-05-2010 at 01:57 PM

This isn't a feature of Messenger Plus! Live, it's a feature of Windows Live Messenger.

Your Personal Message (psm) now shows regardless of any 'What I'm Listening To' information, there is no way to prevent it playing.

As for seeing other people's psm and Listening to at the same time, that happens automatically in the conversation window, but to see it in the contact list you must select either of the two largest sizes of display picture (under the contact list layout window) and then you will be able to see both psm and now playing

RE: RE: psm and what I'm listening to by SilentHit on 02-06-2010 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Your Personal Message (psm) now shows regardless of any 'What I'm Listening To' information, there is no way to prevent it playing.

but psm and 'what I'm listening to' suppose not show at the same time right??but in my case both of them are shows at the same time
RE: psm and what I'm listening to by Chrissy on 02-06-2010 at 02:06 AM

Under your name you will see what your listening to and your PSM. (in the contacts list window).

Your contacts will only see the song your a listening too. It's the same because you should only see your contacts lists song if they are playing one and not a PSM along with it.

If you mean something else, sorry :P

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by djdannyp on 02-06-2010 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Under your name you will see what your listening to and your PSM. (in the contacts list window).

Your contacts will only see the song your a listening too. It's the same because you should only see your contacts lists song if they are playing one and not a PSM along with it.

If you mean something else, sorry :P

That's incorrect.

In the contact list, if you have either of the two largest sizes of display pictures selected, then you will see both the PSM and 'Now Playing' showing on consecutive lines.

They also both show at the same time in the conversation window regardless of anything

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by Chrissy on 02-06-2010 at 02:14 AM

Yeah, but the default setting on the contacts list is the little dot is it not?

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by djdannyp on 02-06-2010 at 02:16 AM

He doesn't mention what setting he's using......the only way for them both to be showing at the same time is if he's using one of the larger two display picture sizes.

OP: Perhaps if you post a screenshot it will help us see what you mean?

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by Chris4 on 02-06-2010 at 03:29 AM

[Image: 201002060324.png]

A picture is worth a thousand words. :wink:

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by SilentHit on 02-08-2010 at 11:02 AM

ummm
I mean,when I listening on music and I chat with my friends,my friends says that they look my psm followed by 'what I'm listening to' music
But,when I listening on music I want my friends who chat with me see only my music not with my psm(this is what happen before I update my wlm)
can I do something?

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by djdannyp on 02-08-2010 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SilentHit
ummm
I mean,when I listening on music and I chat with my friends,my friends says that they look my psm followed by 'what I'm listening to' music
But,when I listening on music I want my friends who chat with me see only my music not with my psm(this is what happen before I update my wlm)
can I do something?

No, this is no longer possible as WLM has been improved so that showing what music you're listening to doesn't stop your personal status from showing.
RE: psm and what I'm listening to by SilentHit on 02-08-2010 at 01:41 PM

well,can I give feedback to wlm+ to give this feature that can settings the way that psm and 'what I'm listening to' look?

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by djdannyp on 02-08-2010 at 01:47 PM

I don't think that Messenger Plus Live can manipulate the interface of Windows Live Messenger in this way

RE: psm and what I'm listening to by SilentHit on 02-11-2010 at 02:23 PM

well,they should try it,maybe they can :D
can you tell them about my feedback?:) thx
Its ok if they can't do that :)