Shoutbox

New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown (/showthread.php?tid=93769)

New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown by dbeeve3 on 02-05-2010 at 10:30 PM

I searched around for hours trying to find a skin that had this option already as well as if there was any info on how to do it but much of this is beyond my capability at the moment. I hope to keep learning and eventually be able to understand more but in the mean time I figured I'd ask the experts out there.

Is it possible to hide 'Options' located in the tools drop down menu?

If you need a reason it is to take away the ability of other people to change the settings since messenger plus has a password protection for it's options/settings where the skin could be changed back and forth I figured the simplest way to do what I need would be to created a skin that would hide the options.

I am trying to use windows messenger in a small office environment where it would have a set contacts list and would block all others, incoming or outgoing. The problem is once logged in all the settings can be changed. Originally I thought maybe there was an addon that could password protect the options but alas I cannot find anything that does that.

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place or have done something wrong that I am not aware of yet as I am new to this community and hope to grow here.

Thanks for reading.

B

RE: New skinner help with hiding the options in the tools dropdown by djdannyp on 02-05-2010 at 10:38 PM

Unfortunately, locking Messenger down to this extent isn't possible, nor is it possible to remove those options using skinning.