Shoutbox

[REQ][Wishlist] Folderlike structure for catagory's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [REQ][Wishlist] Folderlike structure for catagory's (/showthread.php?tid=93786)

[REQ][Wishlist] Folderlike structure for catagory's by SlechtValk on 02-07-2010 at 11:12 PM

Hi All,

I would like something to be added to a newer version of plus...
and i don't understand why microsoft didn't build there messenger like this originally...

having a growing number of contacts sometimes i would like to be able to make sub-catagory's... (and ofcource including draggin and dropping folders into each other)

for example:

code:
work
   -job1
      +departement1
      +departement2
   -job2
school
   -elementary
   -university
      + university 1
      + university 2
i think you get the picture...
just being able to make some subgroup's.
this could probably be achieved just like sounds are send... by making groups with some special markup so in a messenger without plus it looks just like different groups but with plus they "magically" appear to be in the same group...

so the above example would show up in messenger without plus like this:
code:
-work
-work[*]job1
-work[*]job1[*]departement1
-work[*]job1[*]departement2
-work[*]job2
...and so on...
(where "[*]" is some (to be chosen) seperator for subfolders)

hope this will be added in one of the comming releases of plus...
RE: [REQ][Wishlist] Folderlike structure for catagory's by Chrissy on 02-07-2010 at 11:26 PM

I know scripts cannot do this but I'm almost sure Plus! cannot do this either. (N)

RE: [REQ][Wishlist] Folderlike structure for catagory's by SlechtValk on 02-17-2010 at 06:37 PM

That would be a pitty, can anyone confirm this or does anyone have another opinion on this matter?